What's new

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
richard-gallagher has published a new article.

Try and Get Me! (The Sound of Fury) Blu-ray Review

Try_and_get_meF-150x150.jpg

Try and Get Me! (original title: The Sound of Fury) is a relatively obscure but intense film noir which packs a wallop. Featuring...
Continue reading the original article.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
Blind buy on the strength of your fine review - thanks Richard!
Seems to be back in stock at Amazon - ordered through link here.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
I just saw this for the first time two weeks ago (streamed it via Amazon Prime Video), and it's great. I'll definitely be getting it on Blu.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Id never heard of this until this review, but being a fan of both Noir and Cy Endfield, this was an easy blind buy.

Great setup, and some great performances, especially by Lovejoy, his wife, and Katherine Locke.

And while Bridges was mostly brilliant, in one key scene where Jerry realizes just how bad things have gotten, Bridges is trying to look at him with disdain but instead gives him, for lack of a better term, the googly eyes. Or maybe Ive just watched Airplane and Hot Shots too many times.

The ending was a little preachy for my tastes, and I didnt quite buy the reporter's sudden change of heart.

But overall a tight little movie that is well worth its low price, especially if it helps get more lesser known noirs released.

I just ordered Woman on the run, and cant wait to watch it,

Thanks again for reviewing these films and bringing them some well deserved attention.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
Pleasantly surprised by the quality and power of this film, although the all-knowing, moralising professor was unnecessary in my opinion.

Thrilled to see El Duderino Senior's introductory scene in the bowling alley. The Dude Senior also abides.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
It's been around a month since I watched this film for the first time, and with a squillion discs still unopened on my shelf, I'm surprised to be drawn to watching this again so soon.

This powerful film undoubtedly has its flaws, but Frank Lovejoy's towering performance has remained with me and I've been constantly reminded of it.

I'll need to revisit it soon to confirm for myself that his lingering performance was really as exceptional as it felt on first viewing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks