What's new

True Romance 2-disc SE (1 Viewer)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Warners has a few 2-disc special editions planned for later in the year. Look for: True Romance, Singin' In the Rain and Giant. No specs or dates yet.

HenrikTull

Second Unit
Oh man oh man oh man. The True Romance cover. "Unrated Director's Cut". My most anticipated release of the year (along with the rest QT movies of course), and since Scott Free has produced the disc I'm sure it will be a real winner.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Holy crap!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Singin' in the Rain I knew about. The others are a total and very welcome surprise. Don't know how many of you have seen the Canada-only DVD of Giant that was out for a while, but it looks like crap. Consider what Warner has been putting out lately, it should now be getting its due treatment.
I love you, Warner Brothers. Keep 'em coming.
I'm down for all 3 of these!!!!

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
I can't wait for TRUE ROMANCE! I hope it has the aternate ending. I wouldn't mind the theatrical cut also included even though it is inferior to the Director's cut.

Matt

Real Name
Charles de Lauzirika
For the record, Scott Free had nothing to do with the creation of the "True Romance" Special Edition DVD. It was produced by Morgan Creek.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
What happened to Warners policy of nothing harder than R for home video releases?? (I know the old version was also Unrated Dir Cut)

HenrikTull

Second Unit
For the record, Scott Free had nothing to do with the creation of the "True Romance" Special Edition DVD. It was produced by Morgan Creek.
Oops. My bad :b

Just thought I remembered an interview with you Mr. Lauzirika where you said Scott Free was working on True Romance SE along with Crimson Tide.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
OOH OOH OOH!!! That means there is a possibility that these might get a DTS track, since we know Morgan Creek was responsible for the DTS track on American Outlaws. Even if it doesnt have one, I will still be buying the new True Romance. The original disc is one of the few Warner DVDs that are non-anamorphic widescreen.

Craig_T

Second Unit
Damn, I never though we'd see a True Romance: SE. I'm all over that one. Tarantino's stuff is FINALLY being done right on DVD.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Wow! What a great year for QT fans!
I'll be picking up the other two as well. Guess I'd better get my copy of the current Singing In The Rain up on EBay!

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Excellent!! I was just talking to somebody about True Romance less than 30 minutes ago. What a coincidence. I'm down for all three of those titles.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Cripes.
3 more discs I need to sell-off.
Argghh. I'm happy to get good stuff, but this is getting to be as bad as upgrading from LD to DVD. :)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
The original disc is one of the few Warner DVDs that are non-anamorphic widescreen.
Curses! :angry: It's been a while since I looked at the specs on the back of this DVD. Oh well...considering how I really dig this film, it looks as though I'll be double-dipping again! Let's hope for a 5.1 track this time around...

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
For those wondering how we are getting the unrated cut when Warners gets gunshy at the NC-17, it is because Morgan Creek is exercising their independent authority to release one. The deal they have for distribution at WB gives them total control over prints, advertising, and video releases. WB is obligated to do as they wish.

(Similarly, it was Arnon Milchan and Regency's equity stake in Oliver Stone's NATURAL BORN KILLERS that allowed them to shop it around to Trimark to have an uncut version released. So any time a major independent or producer is involved with a studio film, that is a place to zero in on for demanding uncut product. Sometimes, they can pull it off.)

The unrated cut has always been available on tape, laserdisc, and an early DVD. What I'm anxious to see are whatever extras they have dug up on one of my favorite movies.

(sigh) Now if only it was Morgan Creek or Regency and not WB that owned PERFORMANCE, THE FOX, THE DEVILS, and all the other X-level classics we've been denied on DVD.

LeeL

Stunt Coordinator
I'm just hoping like hell that Singin' In The Rain doesn't have the cigarette burns in the corner of the screen every 10 minutes.
Why doesn't THAT one get an unrated director's cut? :D

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I'm beginning to feel like George Costanza.
Timmy: "Did you just double dip that chip?"
;)
I'll be double-dipping on True Romance without a moments hesitation. Cool news. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks