What's new

True Blood: Season Five (1 Viewer)

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Eric is older the Nora and ois Prob one of the oldest vampires around now that all of the Authority members are dead.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Originally Posted by joshEH /t/321409/true-blood-season-five/30#post_3967683
Shit, I stil don't get why everyone was so scared of The Authority. None of the members even seemed all that old, compared to Russell (and maybe Eric). All they had was a personal SWAT team they sent out every now and then, but the finale showed the members to be totally worthless.

I got the impression that at least Roman was fairly old, the figure 1,500 yrs is in my head somehow. Although that might be me confusing it with him having been the Guardian since the 1500s. Since Eric is about 1,000, Nora is probably around 700-800?

I think it's more that The Authority is their government: just as in modern politics, you respect your elected leaders, even if they're not the biggest mo-fos, whereas in medieval times, your leader was the strongest, best warrior -- rule by force, basically, instead of rule of law. So there's no requirement that The Authority be filled with really bad-ass vampires -- although naturally it helps.

What disappoints me somewhat is that in the first two seasons or so, Bill, and to a lesser extent Eric, were obviously 'scared', or at least fully respectful, of the Authority. Even the Authority's flunky, the Magister (wonderfully played by Zeljko Ivanek), was a bad-ass, Now we've seen the Authority as a ruling council filled with self-serving idiots. Always a bit disappointing when the curtain is pulled back and the Wizard of Oz isn't as impressive as you initially thought.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It's not stated but I thought vampires' fear of or subservience to The Authority was because it is a vampire 'law' (like when they have to listen to their makers). It's not respect as much as they have to obey them and if they don't like what someone has said or done, they'll stake them without a second thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks