What's new

True Blood Season 7 (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I never really understood when people complained about Buffy being their least favorite character on BTVS, but I kind of get that now with Sookie in True Blood. Last night's episode, with her rallying the troops again and again and again, didn't really endear her to me, it emphasized how she's been the least interesting character on the show. Sookie's repetitive speechifying wasn't just dull writing, it also revealed how little credibility she's been granted over seven seasons, so that now when she steps up to be a leader it just doesn't seem natural.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The celebration of life plot felt kind of scattered and random, and Eric's search for Sarah wound up being kind of a big tease. Bill's flashbacks hopefully have some kind of payoff rather than being last minute back story.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Cameron Yee said:
Bill's flashbacks hopefully have some kind of payoff rather than being last minute back story.
I'll trade that for some kind of an explanation of how Eric survived bursting into flames at the end of last year. Since the season is half over and it hasn't even been commented on, I'm beginning to wonder if the writers are just pretending like it didn't happen.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
TravisR said:
I'll trade that for some kind of an explanation of how Eric survived bursting into flames at the end of last year. Since the season is half over and it hasn't even been commented on, I'm beginning to wonder if the writers are just pretending like it didn't happen.
I've wondered about that, too. The Bill backstory for me wasn't all that interesting though the revelation about his condition was a nice surprise.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I was glad when Sam's girlfriend/babymama pointed out the stupidity of the party. I was thinking that to myself before she said it.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I could see both sides to the party. Yeah, maybe it's one huge group denial and poorly timed, but one part of it was basically a wake for Alcide and Tara. I thought Sam's girlfriend was speaking for the other extreme, so somewhere in the middle probably would have been more fitting. Maybe not have a DJ. ;-)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
After doing a sad memorial show when Terry died, I can understand that the writers didn't want to do a "Remember that time that Alcide..." episode but from a real world standpoint, a party was nuts. Though I have to say that I do find the idea of having a party celebrating a person's life to be a sorta beautiful idea and much preferable to the usual (and understandable) sadness after a death.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
At least around here, there's lots of "celebrations of life” in lieu of the typical funeral. They don't play out to the extreme of the show's, but the spirits the same and so that didn't bother me.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
It's not the party itself that was weird, it just felt like it was thrown in there to give the characters something to do. The whole episode felt slapped together, in fact this whole season feels slapped together.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
MarkMel said:
...in fact this whole season feels slapped together.
I think that's because there isn't a story arc running for the entire season. The Hep V vamps & violent townspeople are all dead and Arlene & company have been saved so the second half of the year will apparently be a new story where they deal with Bill's Hep V & wrap up the series.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
It was another kind of random episode. I guess Violet is the big bad in Bon Temps for the rest of the season, but even so all the town stuff tends to feel like a multi episode dénouement for the series. The Pam and Eric story is more interesting by comparison, but technically that's dealing with fallout from last season's plot. No comment about Tara's Summer's Eve commercial. ;-)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, it's mainly running on fumes for its final season, but I'm still intrigued to see what happens to the core of regulars who have been with the show from the beginning.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
jaspeter4eva said:
This show is starting to lose its appeal to me - anyone else?
Starting? For me that started a long while ago. I always finish the shows I start no matter how crappy they get. - lol

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Running on fumes is a pretty apt description, but I've been in it this long, there's no point in bailing now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks