What's new

True Blood Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I think this is a great season for True Blood. Lots of stuff going on and there are still 6 episodes left and I am actually looking forward to Sunday nights.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by JonZ

I havent really cared for the past 2 episodes. I liked Jessicas restaurant scene and the stuff with Bill, but not much else.

Oh yea, Evan R Wood looked pretty fantastic.

I'm totally there with you. They should change this show to "Jessica the Vampire Waitress" and abandon the other plot lines. Loved the pricked finger scene in this ep, and that's it.

The other plot lines are too fake -- everyone knows everyone is just pretending to be allied with this or that person or vampire until they get a chance to run away or whatever. Well, everyone except Sookie, who we the viewers are supposed to believe is such an idiot that she can't tell everyone is faking. Please. She's smarter than that. And the big conflict isn't that big -- the possible merging of Louisiana and whatever neighboring state's kingdoms is not exactly the kind of suspense that Season One's "there's a murderer in Bon Temps!" plot was. There's no urgency to it. Just characters having to extricate themselves from situations they don't want to be in. It's kind of boring in that respect. Just extricate yourselves, everyone, and go have a different story.

That said, it's only half of the season down, so once they get done with this Kingdom plot hopefully they can have another more interesting plotlines for the other half.

I thought Bill was going to depress his maker to death in his torture scene.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Charlie Campisi

The fiance of Jason's girl seem unbelievable that he accepted the story that Jason was mistaken about who Crystal was, but there might be more to that. Not sure where that line is going.

Yup, another character besides Sookie who we're supposed to believe is an idiot who can't see through the most simple ruses.

That said, Crystal has mentioned "forever" twice now, so I would have thought she was some sort of immortal. And the way she was sniffing the air like she could tell her family was nearby. Same way Sam does. The most likely is that Crystal, and maybe Crystal's whole family, are shifters too. Maybe inbred shifters by the looks of it.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I thought this episode was chock full of developments. Questions and Answers about Sookie. Questions and Answers about the King. Questions and Answers about Eric's strenght vs. the Queen's. Just about everything I've listed as "open ended" this season was addressed in this episode.

The scenes with Lafayette and his sugar working up to making out were a bit uncomfortable for me and felt a bit dragged out.

I thought Tara would go for the battle axe and sever the vamp's head. Personally, were I in that situation, I wouldn't have been sure a good head bashing would be enough to actually kill the psycho. And if it doesn't, then were are you?

I also made note that the King's mate is pretty powerful in his own right. He's a very old vamp.

Nice cliffhanger of an ending. I wanted more. In a good way (more of a good thing rather than expecting more because nothing came before).

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Mikah Cerucco

The scenes with Lafayette and his sugar working up to making out were a bit uncomfortable for me and felt a bit dragged out.

Yeah I couldn't accept the idea that Lafayette -- Mr. Uber-Confident -- becomes all shy and nervous when he's on dates. That personality difference came out of nowhere, and I don't believe it. Plus I thought they'd become a couple, and then Lafayette's mother would be in danger from Jesus when Jesus and Lafayette have a falling out. All things considered, Lafayette should have become a vampire this season, as he suggested to Eric last season.

Agree with the poor choice of weapon on Tara's part. Crazy-vamp's head is sure to just reinflate after a few hours. Probably.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Jessica's technique of feeding on patrons would work, if it weren't for the fang marks. Sam's sure to fire her if he finds out what she's doing. I'm sure there's something in the employee handbook about not doing that!

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Thought it was a great episode. Also, I'm going on record that Tara's head bashed buddy isn't dead.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I definitely don't think Franklin is dead. I'm pretty sure that every vampire that has died on the show has either melted or vaporized when they die and he did neither. I imagine he's going to be pretty upset when he gets a hold of Tara though.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Now you know how I feel about 99% of make out scenes.

I've really enjoyed this season so far. So much better than last season.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams

That said, Crystal has mentioned "forever" twice now, so I would have thought she was some sort of immortal. And the way she was sniffing the air like she could tell her family was nearby. Same way Sam does. The most likely is that Crystal, and maybe Crystal's whole family, are shifters too. Maybe inbred shifters by the looks of it.

Does Sam sniff the air as well? Initially I also thought she was a shifter, but when she started sniffing I thought she might actually be a werewolf. But agreed, Crystal is almost certain some sort of supernatural creature.

I also thought Jessica getting all droolly over Arlene's bleeding finger was really, really funny.

One thing that struck me as being really dumb, for Sookie, was that she should have removed Bill's silver chain immediately when she went to him, to enable him to start healing, instead of just kneeling there whining on and on. Instead she's now in peril (again!), and Bill is in no condition to do anything. Although Alcide is just outside... count me as one who also likes the way he growls (when in human form) every now and then -- just like Casey does in Chuck.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Quote: Originally Posted by Yee-Ming ...I also thought Jessica getting all droolly over Arlene's bleeding finger was really, really funny.

I thought Arlene's defensive crossing of her index fingers was even funnier.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I despise the change in how Sookie took out a character :( Really dislike :( :(

Season 1 was really good (and closest to the books). Season 2 had a storyline that just dragged bad (Marriane) but the central story, the one from the book (Dallas) went well..

This season is really pretty disappointing. Maybe I'm alone, but I really think somewhere the effort to write more storyline that gives sub-characters bigger plots then they should have (a larger cast) is really hurting this show

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I have really liked this Season of True Blood, I have never read the books so that is probably a good thing.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremiah

...I have never read the books so that is probably a good thing.

Even though "The book is better" is probably the oldest cliche in the world, I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that these books were better than the TV show (before reading this thread anyway). The most 'glowing' review that I've ever heard about the books is that they're OK.

This season and the series as a whole has been very enjoyable to me. It's not high art but I love seeing A-level talent tackling what is traditionally B-level material.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
No Jessica? That was the main bit I wasn't high on for the episode. Does anyone else laugh when Sam's dad shows up in his not-so-tighty-whities?

Not sure what to think of Sookie's faerie-ness at the moment.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by TravisR

Quote:

Even though "The book is better" is probably the oldest cliche in the world, I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that these books were better than the TV show (before reading this thread anyway). The most 'glowing' review that I've ever heard about the books is that they're OK.

This season and the series as a whole has been very enjoyable to me. It's not high art but I love seeing A-level talent tackling what is traditionally B-level material.

I don't think the books as a whole are better in this case. I think Ball has done a very good job fleshing out the characters who are mainly pulp within the books, and the books move fast.

But the one thing I don't like and Ball has really made a point of is that Sookie is way more "girlie" in the series then the books. Within the confines of the books, Sookie catches Lorena torturing Bill, and she kills him while Bill is impaired, catches her off guard. This comes as a shock to other vampires and earns her a lot of credit later.. but it's mostly that she took it on herself to do it, and vowed she'd do it. Here, BIll's role was greatly expanded and Sookie unwillingly did it. I just don't like that.

I don't mind the introduction of Claudine, a Fae, who also introduces Sookie to the idea that she is also Fae. But the weakening of the character hurts her appeal. I don't mind that entire storylines change, but I wish that eliment of the character would have stayed. I can understand dropping the Bubba character from the book, or giving Eric new motivation. But there are three things that I hope do not change in any way

* Sookie ends up feeling Bill betrayed her by being assigned to her because the Queen knows who she is, and at the end of this, they break up...

* Jason becomes a Were-Panther

* Sookie's target changes and she falls in love with Eric...

Keep those elements and I'm fine. I don't care if entire storylines change, because the books aren't epic great writing. But I do really dislike the way the female characters are so weak in the show in comparison to the books.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
They're not-so-whitey either.

Does anyone else laugh when Sam's dad shows up in his not-so-tighty-whities?

Tara was pretty kick-ass the past couple of eps.

But I do really dislike the way the female characters are so weak in the show in comparison to the books.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks