What's new

True Blood Season 3 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I tend to agree with the above about Tara.. unless something gives her character more to do then pout, she should be on the first to fall victim. (I haven't read the books so ...)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
My eyes tend to just glaze over whenever Tara is on the screen, I just don't care much for her subplots anymore.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
One problem with Tara is that she is just a loud mouth character. Just STFU already.

I don't know exatly what Jason said after he tackled the drug dealer but it was flippin hillarious.

"I got me a drug dealer."

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Tara's life has been miserable and Eggs (who was a turning point for her life) was killed about 2 or 3 days ago so it would make no sense for her to be a pleasant character. No, not everyone with an alcoholic parent turns out to be a complaining whiner but I'm sure there's plenty who do turn out to be extremely bitter people (like Tara). At the very least, it's not like she's crying that she can't get the new iPhone or that Twitter is over capacity too much.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
The gourmet blood meals were amusing. I had to laugh at the Blood IceCream

Jessica continues to be the most interesting character to me.

Oh and nice to see James Frain coming on the show. Hes great in everything he does.

Vaughan Odendaal

Second Unit
I agree with the werewolves. If Bill can take out several werewolves with seemingly little effort and Eric is on a completely different power level then there really is no tension whatsoever. What I really want to see is how strong the King is since apparently he is the oldest and most powerful, physically, of all the vampires.

lxxsumi

Auditioning
Real Name
lxx
hmm~i also like this movie~

hi guys, try some wonderful medium? Yes! high quality life needs it,i am a new comer here, you may be a crazy movie lover like me,there are some hot DVD movies i really like and want to share to you---Queer As Folk DVD,i believe you will love them! it really has amazing plot , wonderful screen, and also nice musics. Don't miss it!!!

Queer As Folk DVD boxset
Queer As Folk DVD Seasons 1-5 DVD boxset

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Vaughan Odendaal

I agree with the werewolves. If Bill can take out several werewolves with seemingly little effort and Eric is on a completely different power level then there really is no tension whatsoever. What I really want to see is how strong the King is since apparently he is the oldest and most powerful, physically, of all the vampires.

In his state. Apparently, there is a king/queen in each state. So, the "King" of Mississippi would be a match of sorts for the Queen of Louisiana.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Werewolves do seem underpowered so far, however, I assume if they are doing work for the King then they may not be that high on the food chain.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
As an aside, I've always wondered if older vampires are stronger because vampires get stronger with age or because the blood used to make them was less diluted back when they were made.

If they're the same age/generation, I'd say the King is stronger than the queen due to the male/female factor.

The werewolves do look a little wimpy here, as opposed to the man-beasts from, say, the movies Werewolf, Underworld, and Twilight (among others). Here they literally look like mostly-normal wolves.

Lafayette continues to be a joy to watch.

I wonder if they'll ever explore Sookie's makup/power beyond reading minds. Why does she have something Jason doesn't?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Didn't Jason have some sort of weird flash last season, though?

Yeah, Sookie's power seems to have really went by the wayside from an interesting mystery to rarely comes up

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Nicholas Martin

Not one word about Sookie's "dead-on" impression of Bill saying her name?

So short, but so damned funny.

That was a good gag. I guess it was last season when Jessica did a great mocking impression of Bill saying "Jessica, I have errands to attend to. Errands that do not concern you."

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by TravisR

Here's the video that introduced me to the world of "True Blood":

and here's an even more elaborate one, constructing a storyline of it:

(someone neglected to make it anamorphic)

I know, it's a silly (stupid?) reason to get into a television show, but it takes all kinds of reasons.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by mattCR

Didn't Jason have some sort of weird flash last season, though?

Yeah, Sookie's power seems to have really went by the wayside from an interesting mystery to rarely comes up

I don't think more than a week or two(at most) has gone by since her display of power to Maryann inside her house, and now with Bill gone missing. Unless you mean mind reading ability overall since the start of the show, then I'm not sure.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I mean you'd have moments where she'd look around the room and you'd hear the internal dialog of other characters etc. She often seems completely ambivalent of it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks