What's new

"Troy" transfer glitch? (1 Viewer)

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
Hi all...

I need some help from those who own widescreen versions of "Troy."

At about the 29 minute mark, when Eric Bana and Orlando Bloom have returned to Troy and are greeted by Peter O'Toole, O'Toole goes to kiss Paris (Bloom) and if you watch carefully there is a slight "flutter"...as if there is little teeny "skip"...look at the back of Peter O'Toole's head as he goes to kiss Paris and I think you'll see what I mean.

When I watched it at 1/8 the speed, I noticed that it looks like a frame "repeats itself," but not quite.

It may be a small thing...and perhaps it is indicative of the transfer...but I need some feedback. It could just be a problem with my copy, and if so, I will take it back.

Thanks.

Aaron Thorne

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't notice that when I viewed it but I'll check it out when get home from work. What I did notice is the layer change. It took a few seconds to make the switch to the second layer. It was alot longer pause than any of my other discs.

Aaron Thorne

Stunt Coordinator
Jonny, it appears to be a glitch because it does the same thing on my copy. It does look like the frame repeats but Bloom is also slighty moving and you don't see the stutter looking at him.

I'd definately call it a glitch. Is the pause for the layer change unusually long on your copy. The screen goes blank for a good 2 seconds when it switches to the second layer. I don't think it's my player cause I don't see this with my other discs.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Just watched it today. Great movie. Don't really see what the criticism is about.

But yeah, I think I did notice something. It looks like a frame cut or something to me. But whatever it was was noticeable.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
Aaron, I am still working my way through the movie.

Where does the layer change occur. I will check it out and report back.

Thanks!

Oswald Pascual

Second Unit
Real Name
No Name
I also agree with the glitch here. The image looks good, but not as good as it should look. There is plenty of room here for image improvement IMHO. Lot's of liberty was taken from the original Homer story, but I did enjoy it, and hopefully we will see and improved image quality, glitch free version down the road. I kinda doubt it but who knows.

Ozzie

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
Soah:

There is my glitch at the ~ 29 minute mark...and Aaron noticed a potential glitch at the layer change and he wonders if it is his machine, or indicative of the disc...

Aaron Thorne

Stunt Coordinator
I don't remember the exact time but I think it was somewhere around the 1 hour 25 minute mark. I'll take a look at it again tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.