What's new

Trouble With Punisher & Saw (1 Viewer)

Terry-A

Agent
Real Name
Terry Anderson
i just viewed T2 Punisher and Saw...Punisher and Saw had skips and dropped frames...punisher was the worse with skips every 30 seconds...Saw wasnt as bad but still had skips through out the movie...any one have this problem with Punisher or Saw....T2 wasnt bad but has a little grain in it and backgrounds could of been sharper....not bad for an older movie....i still think HDDVD is better....

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Huh? Are you talking about HD DVD releases? I do not recall these titles being released into the HD DVD format.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Jack, Terry is referring to the Blu-ray releases from Lionsgate.

Terry, There is a thread over at AVS discussing this issue with titles from Lionsgate. One of the reviews over at High Def Digest also mentions a stutter with regards to Saw. I do not know how prevalent this stuttering might be, but it has been reported by others. ( Also, is it an issue with the Samsung player or the media? )

Rachael B's thread over at AVS

- Walter.

Steve Blair

Second Unit
Yep, there's trouble with the Lion's Gate titles too per avs. Seems that probably due to compression or something else there are dropped frames during the film, stuttering when the camera pans, etc.

Terry-A

Agent
Real Name
Terry Anderson
i think its just the software...i have all the movies on blu ray and saw and punisher were the only 2 i had the dropped frames with....underworld was spectacular and i got good quality out of 5th element,when i went to BB and CC the blu ray looked horrible on the 1080p samsung TV's...when i got the sammy home hooked up to my sony 1080i KDS-R50XBR1 the results were spectacular....i also have the toshiba XA1 that i love also....

Terry-A

Agent
Real Name
Terry Anderson
thank you for the link to the AVS site Walter...seems like alot of people are having the stuttering problem....Amazon is sending me a new saw and punisher...i should get them today and will post the results i have with them...
REMEMBER:
YOU KEEP WHAT YOU KILL
so for now im not killing my blu ray because i might have to keep it

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
It was very obvious on THE PUNISHER. The only other Lions Gate Blu-ray I have is TERMINATOR 2, which did not seem to have a problem.

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
I just viewed The Punisher in its entirety. I detected no skipped frames. I did, however, see very slight stutter on one pan scene. I am watching with Marantz projector and 8 ft screen. I used the DTS sound track.

Terry-A

Agent
Real Name
Terry Anderson
i just recieved another punisher and saw from amazon and had the same response....i dont call it stutter i call it dropped frames....its skipping frames while going to the next scene....probably too large of a movie for single layer blu ray...its only on saw and punisher for all my blu ray movies and i have them all..had the same problem with freeze skipping and all that happy horse crap with my toshiba XA1 which was march built....got another one and it worked flawlessly...i also spent 2 hours hooking it up to component and the effect was the same....sent saw and punisher back to amazon for a refund...i can do without those 2 movies anyway....

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Terry, choose DD instead of DTS for audio and the judder will likel;y be gone. That worked for me with T2 last night. If Samsung can't fix this, or if Lionsgate's discs aren't recalled, my Samsung will proably go back.

Terry-A

Agent
Real Name
Terry Anderson
thank you thank you thank you Rachael B,
your little trick worked by switching to DD.....and actually the sound was almost the same on DD....DTS was a little crisper and the center channel was clearer....it worked for punisher now to try saw......
thank you again
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I tried this last night. It worked! By switching to the DD audio tracks, the discs now play fine with no studder.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Is this acceptable?
If I had a regular DVD that did that, I would return it. If it were the player's fault, I'd be pissed after dropping $1K....

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
Not acceptable, but at least I can watch the movies without studder now. Considering I'm renting most of this stuff from netflix anyway, I can live with it until they fix the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks