What's new

Trouble with Marantz 8000 Universal Remote (1 Viewer)

Joe Berg

Grip
I have a Marantz 8000 and I’m having trouble getting the volume to work. I can set it up to learn my other remotes’ settings but to adjust the volume, I have to go back to the TV of Amp setting (from DVD or Cable). I tried to clear the “learned” settings and thought it would default back to the original settings, which I thought would adjust the volume level in any mode (cable, DVD, VCR, etc). To make this clear, when I’m watching a DVD I can pause it, FF, Play, etc. but if I want to adjust the volume, I have to go to TV and adjust it there and then go back to DVD to control the DVD player. Same is true for my HD DVR/Cable. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr…:angry:

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You're talking about an RC2000 right? Do you have the manual? You can download it from the Marantz website. To clear a particular button, select that source on the remote, go into "learn", press and hold clear, then press the button you want to reset to the original code TWICE.

Joe Berg

Grip
Ah, I was holding the clear button and pressing twice---just wasn’t doing it in learn mode! I’ll check out the download too but as you may be aware, the (paper) manual sucks. Great receiver though!;)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Well, the download is just a PDF of the paper one...:) I have an 8300 and I use the RC2000MkII with it because I like it better than the RC32000 touchscreen that came with it.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I like my SR 8000 and the remote that it has is the RC2000 MK II. Its slightly different from the remote that came with the SR 8000. One thing I know, is that there is no documentation regarding the setting for dimming the display, but I stole that command from my SR 6200, ported it over to the remote on my SR 7000 and then when I got the SR 8000 to replace the SR 7000 I copied it over again. I couldn't find mention of it in the receiver manual. Maybe its in the manual for the remote, but I can't recall seeing it. I'll check again.
Each device has the channel buttons programmed to preform each of SOURCE DIRECT (channel up) and dimming the display (channel down). Actually, its really shutting the display off. On the SR 6200, I think there was a HIGH, LOW and OFF setting.

Glad it worked. This remote really is nice. I use NIMH batteries in it and they last a long time. One night re-charge every once in a while and its good to go. I actually had one of these that I used for the SR 6200, but the volume control was funky. This one seems better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks