What's new

Trouble with ATI vid out, Sony TV & Denon receiver (1 Viewer)

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
Since buying Doom 3 the other day and three AR mini>RCA cables, I'm trying to hook up my pc to my home theater.

My home theater is comprised primarily of a Sony Trinitron TV and a Denon 1802 receiver. I've had my pc hooked up to my tv a while back with no problems.

Tonight I had an ultimate failure. I connected my pc (after a quick vid driver upgrade from CAT 3.7 to 4.7 drivers) via my ATI 9500 s-video out (with adapter cable) to the composite video in. I also connected my mini>RCA cables from my Turtle Beach Santa Cruz card to the analog inputs of my Denon 1802.

Long story kept short, I'm getting no picture through my tv and no sound via the analog inputs. I'm getting sound when connecting to the front auxillary inputs of the receiver, but nothing via the rear analog.

I've also played with the adapter/monitor settings on my pc and cannot get anything to the tv.

Ideas? Thoughts? Is it possible I have a bad video adapter cable?

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
32 views and no replies?!

Heh. Kidding. ;) I'm not one of those people! :D

But anyway, I gave this another go this weekend and my video is fine. I'm guessing I had a bad adapter cable, as I was going s-video to composite with absolutely no luck. I am now going straight s-video to s-video and I'm good.

I did get my ext. analog in to pickup a signal from my TBSC card, but only my fronts and rears were picking up a stereo signal. I then checked my audio properties in control panel and noticed that 'surround speakers' was checked and not '5.1 speakers'. I made the change, booted an mp3 and heard the sub kick in... but then realized that only the center and sub were giving audio. My fronts and rears were silent.

I double checked my cables and my Santa Cruz properties and no output properties have changed. Any ideas? I'm going to continue toying with this tonight. I'm determined to get it to work!

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
Well I got her figured out. The biggest problem ended up being a software issue. I installed a newer software driver ended up curing everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks