What's new

Tron Remake in the Works at Disney (1 Viewer)

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
The already remade Tron in 1999.

It was called THE MATRIX. ;)

Seriously though, there's charm and a lot of originality in 1982's Tron that you wouldn't be able to duplicate or improve upon in a remake.

LET IT GO, DISNEY. MAKE THE FRIGGIN' SEQUEL INSTEAD.

Years ago I worked with Steven Lisberger's wife at a company owned by Donald Kushner, the producer of Tron. I talked to her about Tron and the potential sequel. At the time(around 2000) she told me that they already had the script for the sequel but needed the money to produce it. I guess Disney wasn't onboard for the sequel.

AlexCremers

Second Unit
Didn't Tron severely flop in 1982 (The year of E.T.)? Although I thought it was quite an oddball at the time, I somehow think a remake (or sequel) might be successful. On second thought, maybe not.

------------
Alex Cremers

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member
What happened to "Tron 2.0"?

Yeah, Tron guy is certainly odd. The pictures on his website doesn't show the cameltoe I originally saw on fark.com... Yikes! :frowning:

Still not as weird as Peter Pan guy

Andrew Priest

Stunt Coordinator
Tron 2.0 was a game developed my Monolith. Pretty good one too, and it perfectly captured the look and feel of the movie. Even had Bruce Boxleitner as a cameo playing Alan Bradley - or the voice thereof.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd

htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

I didn't even know they were working on this.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Good to know it's going to be a sequel after all. The 2.0 game was cool. I loved the original. I'm on board.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Holy shit this is kick ass! I thought the TRON 2.0 video game was great but this has me literally excited for the sequel finally being made!:D
About damn time!:crazy:

Joel...Lane

Second Unit
Real Name
Joel
Haven't seen Tron in years but remember watching it when it first came out. Anyone remember the arcade game? The lightcycle race was probably my favorite part.

ToEhrIsHuman

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig Ehr
'Bit' had this to say upon notification:

"YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!"

Well, actually it was "1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 " but I digress.

There is a 62.7% chance this won't suck. Can we please update the subject heading to "TR2N: The sequel to TRON" or something along those lines? Thx.

END OF LINE

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
I just barely watched the trailer and two words will accurately describe my feelings for this sequel:
I'M THERE!
I've been wanting a sequel to TRON ever since I saw it when I was a kid.
Agreed about the header should be changed. Possibly "TR2N: The Sequel to TRON" or something? It's not a remake but a sequel! Jeff Bridges is back!
I wonder how the filmmakers will acknowledge the TRON 2.0 video game?

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I wonder if that light cycle bit shown in the teaser will actually make it in to the final film, or was it done only to convince the suits that a sequel was viable?

It certainly looked too derivative of the first film.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
I can't believe they have pretty much left Steven Lisberger out of this. Tron was his baby long before Disney got involved. Typical Hollywood! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks