What's new

TRON: Legacy (2010) (1 Viewer)

Darcy Hunter

Stunt Coordinator
And was that Olivia Wilde from 'House'?
That sure was. And that was also Michael Sheen rocking out in that David Bowie getup.

Between this and the "proof of concept" Comic Con trailer, Tron: Legacy is really shaping up to be something spectacular!

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Never saw the first one but the trailer for this looks really good. I assume you guys would recommend watching the first Tron before watching this one? Is it worth a blind buy?

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Originally Posted by Jim_C

Never saw the first one but the trailer for this looks really good. I assume you guys would recommend watching the first Tron before watching this one? Is it worth a blind buy?
I would recommend watching the original in any case.

You can get it for about $10 so I would say it's worth a blind buy.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Disney has now signalled they are all aboard for a sequel to Tron Legacy, which won't be released until December, and have brought in script writers. They must have some high hopes here.

http://www.heatvisionblog.com/2010/04/tron-legacy-sequel-in-the-works.html

“Tron Legacy” isn’t due until December, but Disney already is putting a sequel on its monorail track.

Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, the “Lost” writers/executive producers who worked on “Legacy,” have begun writing a sequel to the studio’s sci-fi tentpole.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
I haven't been following this much, but I'm a big fan of the original. The trailer visuals were fantastic. I just hope the story is decent.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Bruce Boxleitner was involved.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Agreed - the trailer looks beyond impressive, and looks like its shaping up to be something pretty spectacular. Love the visuals (love those Light Cycles), love Daft Punk and love the fact that they brought back Bruce and Jeff Bridges. The story seems pretty intriguing - like that they're picking up with Flynn's son in search of him. Looking forward to seeing/hearing more about this now!

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Sorry for the bump, just wanted to share some ComiCon - or rather, ComicTRON news with you guys. Disney will have a Tron panel at the event (I guess maybe not too surprising since they've been there the last two years). I am envious of anyone that gets to go and see new footage!
Returning for an unprecedented third year to the fans and Convention that “started it all,” Walt Disney Pictures is pleased to present a very special, insider look at its upcoming “TRON: Legacy” at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con International Convention. At 11:15 a.m. on Thursday, July 22, 2010, the panel presentation will be held in Hall H of the San Diego Convention Center. On the dais will be filmmakers and talent from the film, including director Joe Kosinski, producer Sean Bailey and cast members Jeff Bridges, Garrett Hedlund, Olivia Wilde, Michael Sheen and Bruce Boxleitner. The panel discussion, to be moderated by Patton Oswalt, is set to include exclusive glimpses of the film, as well as a Q & A involving all panel participants, along with special surprise guests.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Excellent press conference today. HTF was there in the front row. Will post some incredible pics of the cast shortly (Jeff Bridges, Bruce Boxlietner, Olivia Wilde, Michael Sheen, and the director of Legacy and the original, and more)...

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
"Young" Jeff Bridges looks amazing. CGI or really good makeup?

The Black Hole lunchbox in the kid's room is a nice touch. Or else it's savvy marketing with that remake in the works.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Very obvious CGI, but a good attempt. The work is probably unfinished as well. It looks like they're putting the head on a real body, and don't have the tracking quite right. They could have that fixed by release. The facial movements though have a long ways to go.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Zack, if you can deduce all of that from a low resolution video, you have better eyes than me! I hope this trailer will be in theaters soon.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
I downloaded it in HD, you can find direct links here;

http://www.hd-trailers.net/blog/2010/07/22/tron-legacy-theatrical-trailer/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks