What's new

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog alert (1 Viewer)

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Just an alert for any fans of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog on Conan O Brien. There will be a segment with him tomorrow talking to Star Wars fans waiting in line for the film.

Should be very entertaining.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Dan, Triumph came about from a Westminster bit. Conan had a dog "talent" show, with dog puppets doing all sorts of silly things. One of these was Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog. Every year when the Westminster Dog Show was in town, Conan would do something with it, and he brough Triumph back. In the past couple of years, they took Triumph down to the real dog show and had him harrass dogs and people. Both times, they threw him out. Very funny stuff.

That and the fake interviews with people where someone else does the lips on the TV screen are the two funniest bits in Late Night.

David Paymer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Paymer
Triumph is one funny canine! I heard he said of the Star Wars fans, "It's great to see these people apply the same level of dedication to Star Wars that they do to maintaining their virginity."
:D

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Yes, tonight...... although the show doesn't start until 12:35 so technically it IS Saturday.

Anyway... they showed a preview last night and it looks to be pretty funny. I won't spoil anything.

Daniel Swartz

Second Unit
My favorite is still the Bon Jovi episode.

"People have come from as far away as Exit 12."

We'll see if this can top that one!

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Holy crap was that funny. My favorite lines:

1. (Talking to a pregnant woman there)

"When will the baby be born?"

"June 26th"

"That will be the last time he ever sees female genitalia

2. (Talking to a girl)

"You have the pick of all these men that don't know how to please you."

I'm sorry, but those people were just begging for some serious slamming.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Oh man, I laughed my ass off at how mercilessly he rode these poor geeks. It was a little too easy to pick on these..er..interesting people but is was certainly hilarious!
We'll see if this can top that one!
Oh boy did it ever!
(Geek in Gandalf outfit)Your lucky the people at late night even let you out today.
"Seriously, have you ever talked to a woman without having to give your credit card number?"
(Geek)We don't talk about spoilers here.
"You want to hear a spoiler? You guys want to hear a spoiler? Here's one............you're going to die alone.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Oh my, that was great. I wish I had capped it (although I'm sure someone will make it available soon enough).

"And now for the ceremonial hitting of the plastic toys"

What was with those guys acting out Phantom Menace? That was just sad.

Daniel Swartz

Second Unit
I can't believe my ReplayTV missed this! But not all is lost.... Time Warner Cable shows reruns of recent episodes late at night in my area. Does anyone know when the rerun of this episode will occur? Thanks!

Luc D

Second Unit
I missed the beginning, but that must have been one of the greatest Late Night sketches I've ever seen. If someone did record it, PLEASE MAKE IT AVAILABLE FOR US TO DOWNLOAD!!!

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I have it on my UltimateTV saved for my roommate when he gets back. If someone is willing to tell me how, if possible, to get that onto my computer, I'd do it.

Users who are viewing this thread