What's new

Tribute to Brunettes (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Oh man, I loved Martha Quinn all those years ago. I seen her on a commercial about a year ago, and she is still very cute:)

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Bryan: You are probably too young to know who I'm talking about...but that first shot of Katy Perry sure put me in mind of Martha Quinn (one of MTV's original veejays).
Oh, I do remember her. I was 12 when MTV launched. I hadn't made the connection between Katy and Martha, but now that you mention it, she does remind me of Martha. I always thought Martha was pretty cute back then.
I only know who Katy is because I heard her song, "I Kissed a Girl" on XM and then found her on iTunes. She's also got a pretty good remake of The Outfield's song "Your Love".
80's
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
Rock!

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Bryan^H said:
Oh man, I loved Martha Quinn all those years ago. I seen her on a commercial about a year ago, and she is still very cute:)
Martha was a year behind me in high school. One of her first acting gigs was playing my secretary in a production of Death of a Salesman. (I played Charlie, the best friend and boss of Willy Lohman, the title character.) I was a junior and she was a sophomore. She also modelled (fully clothed) for a couple of art classes I took. In a box at the back of one of my closets is a pastel portrait that I drew of a 16 or 17 year old Martha. She was pretty cute. But if you're a fan of gorgeous brunettes, you should have seen her best friend from those days, Laura. WOW! ;)
Cable came late to the places where I was living when MTV got going, so I didn't see it or Martha until I visited my parents in our home town. I was flipping through all the channels (where I was living at the time we got about 5 channels clearly, so I was impressed) and there was Martha introducing something called a music video. I swear I thought I was watching some local cable access thing and had no idea what MTV was or that it was a national network. :)
Regards,
Joe

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Joe: I always had the impression Martha was from the Albany NY area. Is that where you went to school? Or do I have things wrong? Maybe she moved there later.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Mike Frezon said:
Joe: I always had the impression Martha was from the Albany NY area. Is that where you went to school? Or do I have things wrong? Maybe she moved there later.
According to the IMDB, she was born in Albany. I only met her in high school, and didn't know her well, so I have no idea how long she might have lived there. Or if she lived there at all. It is possible her mother just happened to be in Albany visiting when she went into labor. ;)
When I knew her she lived in Westchester County, about 30 miles up the Hudson River from Manhattan. We went to Ossining High School, in Ossining, NY, best known as the home of Sing Sing prison. (The term "up the river" as a euphemism for going to prison comes from Sing Sing's position vis a vis New York City.)
I think Martha technically lived in Briarcliff Manor, as I lived in the unincorporated Town of Ossining - as opposed to the incorporated Village of Ossining, where both the school and prison were located - but it was all the same school district. The most famous graduate of OHS is still Peter (Columbo) Falk, who graduated with a couple of my teachers and my brother-in-law's mother.
Regards,
Joe

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
That's awesome Joe.
I was about 10 when MTV first aired, and Martha was the first real crush I ever had. I loved watching music videos, and watching her:)
Man I think how cool MTV used to be, and what it is now. Almost depressing.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yeah, MTV used to stand for "music" television. Wonder why that ever went out of style?!
Martha's about two months younger than me. Most all babies at that time (born in Albany) were born at Brady Maternity Hospital. I was. And I bet she was, too. My understanding was that she lived in Troy for a time before/during her MTV stint. HERE'S a bio which straightens things out a bit.
I was working in radio (news) when MTV started up. It was quite a revolution. Good memories.
Cool story, Joe. Still live in NY?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Ugh. Deleted bad math comment. Boiled down to: 20 years in Florida, nearly 40 years on the HTF. Boring, overused joke, I know.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Greg_S_H said:
Ugh. Deleted bad math comment. Boiled down to: 20 years in Florida, nearly 40 years on the HTF. Boring, overused joke, I know.
Just as long as you stay the hell off my lawn - we'll be fine.
(mumble... mumble... young whippersnappers... mumble...)
:)
Joe

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
All this talk of Martha and reminds me of another hottie from MTV.
Kari Wuhrer from Remote Control:
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

htf_imgcache_31501.jpeg

htf_imgcache_31502.jpeg

Maybe not a true brunette, so sue me. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks