What's new

Tremors any chance of another release? (1 Viewer)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
This is great news! I'm a big fan of the original film, but I could care less about the sequels (at least they provided a steady income for Michael Gross). However, at around $20 ($19.49 at DDD) I'll spring for the whole set if it includes an improved anamorphic transfer of Tremors! It is unfortunate, however, that Universal didn't opt to re-release the original SE stand-alone with the new transfer instead of sneaking it into the pipeline under the radar.

Ah well, I'm off to place my order and post my old disc for sale on eBay. :D

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Was there ever a laserdisc commentary for Tremors? I thought there was, but I'm probably remembering incorrectly...

MattHR

Screenwriter

No. There was a P&S release, then the WS "Signature Collection" 2-disc release, neither had commentary. I remember what a rip-off the WS was, since it retailed for either $70 or $80 when first released. When the DVD was released (with the exact same features), it retailed for $35. Now it can be had for about $20, with an improved transfer and the three sequels as a bonus. My how things have changed.

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
For some reason I remember the Signature Series LD being cheap when it came out, at least comparatively. I think I paid $39 CDN the week of release.

Compared to the Star Wars THX "faces" discs -- extended play, no special features at all, no 5.1 -- which were $69 CDN each when released (yes, I dropped $210 on three movies that day), Tremors was an absolute bargain.

Andy_MT

Second Unit
unforunately the transfer for the first film isn't very good IMO. much of the fine[r] detail has been filtered out and there's plenty of halos to go around for everybody/thing. looks quite good on a small display/further from the screen, but it doesn't hold up very well on a larger screen. certainly not the quality i would expect/want from a 2005 release. don't get me wrong; it's a big improvement over the original letterboxed transfer, but i find it very disappointing none the less.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks