What's new

"TREME" (HBO) [trim-AY] Sunday 4-11-2010 (1 Viewer)

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I thought the ending flashback was particularly well done. All it amounted to was running a stoplight.

It's also nice to have season finale without some harrowing cliffhanger. Sure I want to confirm whether Janette went to New York, and if she did, will she return to New Orleans in season 2. Davis' big day for her played perfectly, although Davis' face did light up upon finding Annie on his porch.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Sky Atlantic are premiering Treme in the UK. We're currently up to episode 7.

This is one of my favourites shows on the telly at the moment. Love the music, the involving story and the fact that it's not shot on location in Los Angeles or New York (although I did like the on location scenes in New York in an early Season 1 episode of Treme).

Kudos for getting Tim Reid (Simon & Simon) and David Morse on the show.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Just started watching this show, and so far, I am about halfway through the 1st season on DVD, after just seeing the episode with the song "Shame, Shame, Shame". Can't believe it took me so long to get around to watching it, because this show is so freaking awesome. Even the DVD set that I borrowed from the library freezing up at times, hasn't ruined my enjoyment of Treme.

I like how they balanced the various storylines, and not having the need to have to connect all of them one way or another so far. And for the most part, don't seem out of place. The only storyline that hasn't grabbed me so far, is the one with Sonny and Annie, but hopefully, it will pick up soon.

Even though the characters are going through difficult times, like Janette's restaurant struggling, Albert trying to rebuild his place, or LaDonna trying to find her missing brother, the overall mood of the show is surprising upbeat.

Glad to see Khandi Alexander in a far better role than the one from her previous show, back when she talked to dead bodies. Also nice to see Melissa Leo and John Goodman as well.

Also, this is one of a few shows these days where I don't skip the opening credits, because the theme song is great and so catchy. I find myself singing it at times. "Down in the Treme..."

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Yes, Treme's theme song is very catchy (and refreshing to see a title sequence which isn't short or is merely the show's title shown on screen and then straight to the start of the episode proper). The story of Janette's restaurant was one of my favourite plotlines in the first season.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by WaveCrest

Has filming started on the third season of Treme?

Yes. [url=http://www.nola.com/treme-hbo/index.ssf/2011/10/today_in_treme_s3_shooting_sta.html]http://www.nola.com/treme-hbo/index.ssf/2011/10/today_in_treme_s3_shooting_sta.html

Also in that article, it's nice to hear HBO say the show ends when the creative forces are done. I'm sympathetic to the need for networks to cancel shows that aren't performing, but it's still nice to hear something like this. I'd guess it isn't a tremendously expensive show to make. At this point, it's looking like the show will end after the 4th season.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
HBO said today that the show wouldn't be back until the fall. Since they didn't announce it as returning when they announced Game Of Thrones' return, I knew that it was going to be a while but I was hoping for summer. At this point, I guess I should just be happy that HBO ever plans to air a show that no one watches. Eh, maybe having Boardwalk Empire as a lead-in will give it a little boost. David Simon amusingly sums it up, in the article linked below, by saying that "It just doesn’t matter. I don’t pull an audience no matter when they put me on." http://www.nola.com/treme-hbo/index.ssf/2012/01/hbo_pushes_return_of_treme_to.html

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks