What's new

Tree of Life (1 Viewer)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Thanks to some stupid gossip column, I learned that Brad Pitt didn't want to pay some tab while in Texas filming a movie. The author of the fluff piece said that the film had big stars but was more "indie", failing quite completely to mention it was being directed by Terrence Malick. We've been hearing about this for quite some time, but it probably needs it's own thread as it's CURRENTLY FILMING.

While I enjoy Pitt alright, it's nice to know that Malick is sitting behind a camera these days preparing another film. It's scheduled to be released in 2009, though I'll believe that when I see a trailer.

Still, just the fact that it's happening is great news. It made my morning. Mann and Malick are directing films.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Sorry to bump an old thread, especially one that I started with zero replies.

Tree of Life obviously didn't make 2009, and won't make 2010 either. But it has moved to Fox Searchlight and should make theaterfall in 2011.

Conmsidering my love for his previous films, I'm disappointed we'll be waiting another year (and while there is no date, I'm certain they will not release it in the spring or summer), but thrilled it's will be coming "soon" (in Malick terms).

http://www.deadline.com/2010/09/breaking-fox-searchlight-buys-terrence-malicks-tree-of-life-plots-2011-release/

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I just saw this on AICN. Sucks we have a long wait to see this, I was really hoping to see it before the end of the year.

I believe Malick starts work on his followup to this film next month, so the long wait is frustrating.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Heres the trailer for Malicks Tree of Life....

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/thetreeoflife/

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The trailer is beautiful. I have no idea what to make of it or the story, but it is gorgeous to look at.

Here goes

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I was as excited for this trailer as I was for seeing Black Swan almost two weeks ago. And it was absolutely worth it. The "summer" movie I am most excited for, in a landslide victory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks