What's new

Transformers (2007) (1 Viewer)

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
Whoever owns Transformers owns the characters, but they don't own the vehicles (unless they were to make their own made-up car). All of the cars that are real cars have to be licensed and apparently VW didn't want to play along for the movie.

If they had just gone ahead and used the Beetle without permission I guess that would be analogous to Sony using a computer-generated Tom Hanks for "Angels & Demons" if he declined to return to the role and didn't give permission for them to use a CGI version of him.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
They better add 365 days to that countdown...I got all excited thinking it was going to be released in less than a month!

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Not as good a teaser as the Spider-Man 3 teaser but it got me excited nonetheless. Can't wait for a full blown trailer.

Timothy Alexander

Second Unit
Why did they suddenly release the trailer without notice? Didn't they still have a few days on the countdown? What am I complaining for? There's a frickin Transformers movie coming!!!

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
Apparently a bootleg version of the trailer got released so the studio decided why fight it and released an official hi-res version sooner rather than later.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Trailer was alright. It would've been nice to see that robot transform and Michael Bay's name didn't need to be on at the same time as the title.

Only one more year to go! I can't believe I started this thread three years ago.

~T

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
I really wasn't impressed by the trailer. I understand that they are just giving a tease but they could have shown a little more.

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
Wow, what a really underwhelming trailer. Hey, look, it's a planetary robot drone looking around -- oooo, a big robot shadow. Lame.

Perfect teaser trailer:
Ripoff of "CARS", have a bunch of cars zooming around a Nascar track. One car keeps dashing in and around the others. Just as the zig-zagging car get's closer, the "Autobot" symbol flashes on it's hood as a big plane comes down and shoots a missle down at the track. HUGE EXPLOSION with an "Autobot" and "Decepticon" symbols crashing into each other. "TRANSFORMERS 2007"... a Michael Bay film. (Throw in the transforming sound from the TV show.)

Doug

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
That was a cool teaser. Sure, I wish they'd done more, but come on, how cool was that?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks