What's new

Transformers (2007) (1 Viewer)

Greg K

Second Unit
Let's not forget the upcoming SE of TF:TM (1986):

----------------------------------------------------

SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT USHERS IN A NEW ERA OF TRANSFORMERS-MANIA WITH TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE 20TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL EDITION DVD

Icons OPTIMUS PRIME and MEGATRON Star in Special Edition DVD to Hit Retail Shelves This Holiday Season

New York, New York, May 30, 2006 - When MEGATRON said, “It’s over Prime,” he had it all wrong. This fall, the home entertainment group of SONY BMG Music Entertainment pulls out all the stops for the 20th Anniversary of the pop culture phenomenon and original theatrical release, TRANSFORMERS: The Movie with an explosive special edition DVD.

The new DVD marks the return of the out-of-this world animated big screen bonanza that catapulted the likes of OPTIMUS PRIME, MEGATRON, STARSCREAM, SOUNDWAVE and even the DINOBOTS into pop culture icons. The TRANSFORMERS: The Movie 20th Anniversary Special Edition DVD will be packed with premium features and behind-the-scenes footage developed with input by and for TRANSFORMERS fans across the country.

TRANSFORMERS: The Movie 20th Anniversary Special Edition DVD will tap into the huge, multi-generational TRANSFORMERS fan base. The special edition DVD will power into retail stores across North America in November 2006 -- just in time for the holiday gift giving season.

“The TRANSFORMERS franchise continues to thrive across multiple platforms, and we are excited to celebrate this pop culture phenomenon with a compelling new DVD tribute,” said Jim Wilson, Executive Vice President, General Manager of Home Entertainment for SONY BMG. “By teaming with TRANSFORMERS fans, we have developed an exclusive product with premium content and special features that will be sure to attract fans of all ages.”

The 20th Anniversary Special Edition DVD includes never-before-seen footage, exclusive interviews, interactive games and collectible packaging. The film features the voice of Orson Welles in his final role, as well as stars Eric Idle, Judd Nelson, Leonard Nimoy, Casey Kasem, Robert Stack, John Moschitta, Peter Cullen, and Frank Welker. The DVD also features a winning soundtrack featuring the iconic theme "The TRANSFORMERS" performed by Lion, and the popular "The Touch," performed by Stan Bush.

For more information on TRANSFORMERS: The Movie 20th Anniversary Special Edition DVD log onto www.TRANSFORMERSthemovieDVD.com.

To coincide with the special edition DVD release, this fall Hasbro will pay a special tribute to the rich history captured in the saga that is MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE with the TRANSFORMERS Classics line of figures. Available in November 2006, these new figures will feature updated versions of the first generation of TRANSFORMERS (or “G1”), inspired by the look and spirit of the original figures and characters.
---------------------------------------

And check out the thread regarding the lackluster treatment of the original series on DVD:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...d.php?t=216647

Patrick.C

Second Unit
Some pics of the vehicles are starting to appear online. Believe it or not, Bumble Bee is no longer a bug. Thanks to what probably amounts to significant product placement dollars by GM, he's a Camaro. He starts out as a 70's model and ends up changing to the new version that was shown at the Detroit auto show a few months ago. http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23472

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
I am such a big Transformers fan and after reviewing the script outline it seems like they are getting it right. I just hate to get my hopes up.

On a side note most of my 30 year old friends think give me shit for already being excited about this movie.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
If they weren't going for the Beetle, it might have been cool to see him become a Mini Cooper.

What kind of Camaro, the new reintroduction version?

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
George I like the idea of him being a Mini. Keeps with the formula of him being the little guy which was a big part of his character.

Patrick.C

Second Unit
What kind of Camaro, the new reintroduction version?
Yes. With the movie coming out in July '07, the timing should be perfect for the fall '07 (as a 2008 model) intro of the car, if thats still GM's plan.

With the "transformation from old to new" that Bumble Bee is going through in the movie, it would have been nice to see him go from a '60s/'70s era air cooled/rear engine beetle to the new post-1998 water cooled/front engine version. Oh well.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
But for me, and I'm sure a few other original TF fans, it isn't just about action. I know it sounds kind of odd (I feel odd typing it) but many of us who were kids in the 80s felt a connection to the characters.

I liken this to any other comic book franchise. Sure you can go all-out action, but the best translations are the ones that get the characterization right (original Superman, Batman Begins, etc.).

So while I agree, Bay can direct action, it doesn't necessarily give me hope for a good TF movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks