Transformers season 3

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Tim_P_76, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Tim_P_76

Tim_P_76 Second Unit

It has begun again! Went to DDD.com for a crazy low price for this set. I'm finally getting the theme of the packaging from seeing this cover. Part 2 should be a fully together(transformed) autobot logo.[​IMG] Hopefully GI Joe wont be far behind with an announcement. The pic is from Amazon.com. Deep DiscountDVD has it for 29 dollars and change!

Cover art

2. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

Thanks for the link to the coverart

[​IMG]

3. Eric Emma

Eric Emma Supporting Actor

I always like season 3 because it too place in outerspace rather than on earth. Cover art is cool too

4. LisaDoris

LisaDoris Stunt Coordinator

Nice cover art. Guess I'll hop on over to DDD and put this puppy on preorder.

5. Aaryn Chan

Aaryn Chan Supporting Actor

DDD.com????

6. Britton

Britton Supporting Actor

7. Johnny Jr.

Johnny Jr. Stunt Coordinator

I was just curious if anyone could confirm that the transformers season 3 part 1 set is 3 or 4 discs?

Thanks

8. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

It's a three disc set, it was released on October 14.

9. Antony James

Antony James Stunt Coordinator

I don't know if it's old news or not, but there's a flyer in the box that says that the second half of season 3 will include season 4 in it. Just FYI.

I have been laughing myself stupid at the old Transformers public service announcements. What a hoot. [​IMG]

10. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

I've watched this set and have some observations.

Unlike the previous sets, this set contains the original audio tracks for each episode! So each episode has three audio tracks: messed up 5.1, messed up 2.0, and "Original Broadcast Audio" 2.0. (By a "messed up" audio track, I mean that Rhino has added extra sound effects that aren't supposed to be there.) Be sure to select the original track before you start watching.

Episodes 1,2, and 4 have the wrong opening credits sequence. These episodes should have the same opening sequence as episodes 3 and 5.

The episode "Dark Awakening" contains narration at the end of the episode telling you to tune in tomorrow for the "Return of Optimus Prime", but that episode is not even on the DVD set! The original version of "Dark Awakening" did not have that narration at the end. (The version that Rhino used aired the day before "The Return of Optimus Prime", obviously.) Rhino should have had audio track without the narration, and another audio track with the narration. (And neither track should have extra sound effects.)

The Public Service Announcements are great. But don't watch that documentary about the convention.

11. Joe6pack99

Joe6pack99 Second Unit

Well i got all the transformers box sets and i am glad they included the original soundtrack finally after a lot of complaining about the first 3 box sets. I still do like the 5.1 remixes though when i watch in my main HT room great surround effects.

12. Matt Rexer

Matt Rexer Stunt Coordinator

Also, the episode order follows no logic I can determine. It's not in production order nor in aidate order. Anyone know where Rhino came up with their order?

I hate the 5.1 mixes on these. Goofy-sounding stuff, like an overzealously-mixed Hong Kong bootleg.

13. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer