Transformers - Imax

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Eric_Connelly, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Eric_Connelly

Eric_Connelly Second Unit

We never saw it in the original release. We missed it the two opening weekends and if we could not get into a large theater we skip the movie until we can get it for home.

Not being available in BD we skipped it on DVD but did catch it at the local IMAX.

WELL worth it. We've seen quite a few movies at IMAX and they are just BIG, the detail usually isn't that spectacular but this transfer is incredible.

It is an amazing display and the smallest details are crystal clear.

Check it out if you can, great place to see it.

2. Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper Screenwriter

I've heard that the IMAX presentation had a few extra minutes of stuff in it that wasn't on the theatrical release, and that Bay said would never come to the home versions. I would be interested in hearing what those changes were from someone who has seen both versions.

3. Richard Kim

Richard Kim Producer

From what I can recall, the IMAX cut featured the narc showing Sam the Rachael Leigh Cook "egg smashing" anti drug commercial after he's arrested for reporting Bumblebee getting stolen.

4. EricW

EricW Cinematographer

i know Transformers was actually filmed as opposed to digital photography, but does anyone know what resolution the CG was rendered in?