What's new

TRANSFORMERS: Dupe error (1 Viewer)

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
Does anyone have both Heroes and Villains?
My copy of Heroes has the content from Villains.
Is this a known issue? Any solutions?
Cheers.
------------------
Yumbo - IMDVD

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I have the same issue. I bought both DVD's on their day of release, last May! I decided to keep the defective one as a sort of "memorabilia". Not exactly a "collector's item", because I don't think it'll ever be worth and money. Just as an example of "things go wrong". :)
Anyway, I still need to get a corrected version of Heroes. When I first reported the bug to Rhino, they responded on 5/10 with this:
Transformers Fans,
Please forgive the form letter. As you can imagine, we've received many emails about this problem.
First of all, we sincerely apologize for this pressing error and want to personally replace your DVDs with ones that contain the correct episodes. Please mail yours (only the disc, please) to:
Rhino Customer Service
10635 Santa Monica Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90025
If you bought your DVD on or near the May 8 release date, you might experience a delay of a couple weeks, as we're waiting on replacement discs from the plant.
In addition to our direct efforts with customers, we will be recalling affected product from retailers.
Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.
Dr. Rhino
Since I thought the replacement discs should long be available, I've been feeling confident that, if I walk into a store today and re-buy it, I will get the corrected version. However, that you are only now complaining about it makes me wonder! Since, in fact, I never saw info anywhere that stated that the problem was actually corrected.
If nothing else, we can both mail our discs in to the address "Dr. Rhino" passed on and get the fixed versions.
So, this coming weekend, I will re-buy it and see what is inside! I'll let you know,
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
This would mean much more to me if the episodes on those discs were worth buying in the first place. I mean come on, they released episodes of Transformers and didn't even include the piolet episode 'More than meets the eye'!?!
rolleyes.gif

------------------
"How can I heal, when I can't feel time?"
Leonard from Memento

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Actually, each are among the highest-regarded story arcs among fans, which is why Rhino chose them!
I would have preferred that the entire series were released in episode order. I bought these discs originally before I developed a "hard-line" stance that I would not buy TV on DVD unless it WAS in episode order.
In fact, that new stance is what's kept me from re-buying the Heroes disc so far. But I'm backing off of that stance, at least for kid's stuff.
I recently bought the Teletubbies DVD for my son. He's 3. He doesn't care if he sees 'Tubbies in episode order. He doesn't care about Transformers or Underdog or Scooby Doo in episode order, either. Although I enjoy reliving my childhood by watched the last 3 with him, I have to decide in the end who are these for...him or me?
He will watch these much more than I will. And kid's TV is not set up like The X-Files or The Sopranos, where the plots and circumstances are developing over time. They can be watched and enjoyed in any order.
So, although I am disappointed that WB started releasing Scooby Doo in episode order with "Original Mysteries", but discontinued that with "Spookiest Tales", I'll be picking up the latter this weekend, along with Transformers: Heroes because they are, after all, for my son.
So, to come around to the point of my reply: With the success of the first two Transformers episode DVD's, and now with the new FoxKids series "Transformers: Robots In Disguise", we can expect Rhino to release more of them. Including "More Than Meets the Eye", and many other favorites. I personally look forward to the 2-parter with Bruticus, the 2-parter with the birth of the Aerialbots, and the 2-parter with the Aerialbots meeting Orion Pax.
Don't know Orion Pax? Spoiler:Orion Pax became Optimus Prime
Besides, with Recordable DVD on the way, I can always take the Best-Of's later on and edit them into an in-episode-order set! :)
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Just got my corrected copy of Heroes from DVD Empire. I had exchanged two defective copies with them. Great customer service, as always.
------------------
--
Donald Roeber
Generating 2048 bits of randomness...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Neat, John. Thanks for pointing that out to me...I'd've never known. :)
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Luis A

Second Unit
I hope they do the DD track better this time,Transformers the Movie had an odd mix with dialogue coming from the left front and surround speaker.Anyone else notice this? :)

Luke_H

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed this too, Sounded different. Left Front and Left rear identical.
I'm glad they are releasing Season 1. A must buy for me.
/Luke

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
They call it "Rhinophonic", it's a fake 5.1 track. Set your reciever to "Stereo" and it'll solve the problem. The real annoyance is that the rears are on about a quarter second delay from the fronts, echo echo echo echo!
Can't wait for Transformers: Season 1! (Though, I don't think it'll be all of it at once, probably the first 20-30 episodes. Season 1 is 65 eps)
Jeff Kleist

Ryan Patterson

Stunt Coordinator
Season 1 is 65 eps
Actually, Season 1 has 16 episodes (back when it was a Saturday morning cartoon). When it went 5 days a week in Season 2, 48 episodes were made (#17-65). Season 3 produced another 29 episodes, and then there was the 3 part Rebirth finale. A season 2 box set will be interesting... I wonder if they'll use DVD-18 to squeeze as many episodes as they can onto a disc.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I doubt it, just about everyone has rightfully given up on DVD-18, and since it's more expensive than 2 DVD-9s, I doubt Rhino'd do it

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
A little on subject, little off...but if you want some of the best transformers stuff, hunt down issues of the comic. Issues 60 thru 75 are awesome, dealing with the origins of the Transformers and how Unicron ties into it all, leading to a massive battle on Cybertron with all the transformers united against Unicron. They kill off tons of major characters in that issue, as the Matrix was lost forever, so there was no weapon to use against Unicron. The explanation of what the Matrix was and what Unicron truly was was really damn cool. These issues are getting really rare, hunt them down if you can.
------------------
card11.jpg

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
A little on subject, little off...but if you want some of the best transformers stuff, hunt down issues of the comic. Issues 60 thru 75 are awesome, dealing with the origins of the Transformers and how Unicron ties into it all, leading to a massive battle on Cybertron with all the transformers united against Unicron. They kill off tons of major characters in that issue, as the Matrix was lost forever, so there was no weapon to use against Unicron. The explanation of what the Matrix was and what Unicron truly was was really damn cool. These issues are getting really rare, hunt them down if you can.
Some issues of the TF comic were collected into a graphic novel recently. I only read a little bit of it, but it sounds like the same story you are describing. In the part I read, Ratchet and Megatron got fused together, and Unicron transported Galvatron away from a "possible future".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks