What's new

Transformers: Dark of the Moon Contest and Interview with Greg Russell on mixing for 7.1 Dolby Surro (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Transformers: Dark of the Moon is one of over 30 titles that was mixed using Dolby Surround 7.1 for the theatrical release. The current Blu-ray release uses a 7.1 Dolby TrueHD mix. Greg Russell the re-recording mixer talks about how they took advantage of the back speakers for the sound mix:

“As re-recording mixer’s we strive to bring the same sonically rich surround sound experience we create for the theatrical mix to the Blu-ray Disc, maintaining the integrity of our work,” explains Greg P. Russell, re-recording mixer, Transformers: Dark of the Moon. “The team did a tremendous job on the original 7.1 mix for Transformers: Dark of the Moon and we are excited fans will now be able to get the cinematic 7.1 surround sound experience with Dolby TrueHD 7.1 on the Blu-ray Disc.”

We have three copies of Transformers: Dark of the Moon on Blu-ray to giveaway. To enter just post in this thread. Usual rules apply: Must have a pulse, be over 18 and live in the US or Canada. Contest ends on Friday, October 7th at midnight PT.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
There hasn't been a lot of mention of Dolby TrueHD (DTS-HD MA seems to dominate the releases), so this release could remind us that Dolby has still got what it takes to blow us away!

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
I would love to win this movie on Blu-Ray. Both my two sons and I really enjoy the Transformers movie series. Thanks for the contest.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I have a pulse- also have the first Transformers on HD-DVD but still haven't had time to watch it!

MattAlbie60

I Work for Mr. E. H. Harriman of the Union Pacific
Real Name
Stephen Lilley
Say what you will about the actual movie, but the sound in DARK OF THE MOON was quite impressive in theaters. It would be interesting to hear how its replicated on the Blu-ray disc.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Watched this one over the weekend....one of the best designed and implemented mixes I have ever heard. Simply blew me away.

seanbob

Auditioning
Real Name
Sean Perkins
Never saw this one, but if I do, a free Blu-ray is the way to do it... :)

Writer-dad

Grip
Real Name
Daniel MacDonald
Really interesting video with Greg Russell, especially the discussion of re-mixing for the home; thanks for posting it. I liked this a lot theatrically - it delivered bombastically on the promise of the first movie - and am looking forward to checking it out on Blu. Please enter me in the contest - thanks!

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
I got this the other day from Netflix. I really liked the 7.1 mix. There was some good LFE thrown in there. I did miss Megan Fox though. I told my wife I'd like to have my own copy of this movie, so winning this would be great! Every so often I break out the other two movies and watch them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks