What's new

Transformers BD 09/02/08 (1 Viewer)

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Michael Bay may finally be smiling...

According to Blu-Ray.com:

"The release is expected to mirror the previous HD DVD release (minus the glitches, of course). "

This is unofficial...

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Any word on if this version has lossless audio since Blu-Ray doesn't support Dolby Digital + at bitrates as high as the HD-DVD edition?

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I sure hope it does. The main reason I gave up support of HD-DVD was due to the lack of lossless audio tracks. Most Blu's have lossless so I bet this will get one.

Ruben Rivera

Auditioning
I believe it will have Dolby True HD. I found this out on thedigitalbits.com several weeks ago. They had posted tons of Paramount bluray announcements, and I believe there was a sentence that stated Paramount was planning to use Dolby True HD as their audio of choice for their future blu-ray releases. Hope this is true.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Let´s hope that the "lossless"-track is finally included. This film is all about SOUND, whether you actually like the film or not..

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Of course, Dolby TrueHD won't help a lot of the people who were complaining about sound problems with the HD DVD. Most of them were using an S/PDIF connection, which means they weren't even listening to the DD+ track. They were listening to DD+ transcoded to something else (either standard DD or standard DTS). If those people use the same type of connection with a Blu-ray player and a TrueHD track, they'll probably get a "hidden" standard DD track (included for compatability), which may or may not meet their expectations.

M.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
So I guess the rumors from BD insiders a few months ago that this would have a PCM track when it hit BD was BS.

"The release is expected to mirror the previous HD DVD release"

Doesn't seem to be the case based on the above.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Uh, no. It's expected to get a lossless track, which is more or less what the insiders said. The "mirror" is in reference to the special features (i.e., it will be a 2-disc set with BD-Live and 1080p featurettes).

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
No need to debate just yet, guys. ;) We need confirmed specs and then we fully know..

IMO, I don´t see any reason why they wouldn´t add all the "HD DVD extras", but I see plenty of reasons (50gb for starters! :) ) why they probably add "lossless"..

Mr. Bay, are you listening? It´s time to support this Blu-ray-release. ;)
No comments from Bay just yet (then again, all the threads on this forum has 0 replies, lol)..
true info about Transformers on Blu-ray? - The Official Michael Bay Forums

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
I know some have had issues with the sound on the HD-DVD, but I got to say it always amazes me to read this as this HD-DVD soundtrack, and the LFE it particular is absolutely mind blowing! I just rewatched this on Sun bitstreaming the DD+ out of my A35 to my Onkyo 885 to decode and I would put this soundtrack in the top 2 or 3 best tracks I have heard on EITHER HD-DVD or BR. The LFE in particular is so "thick" and powerfull that it is truly a stunner. I just added a second sub (PB13) to my other sub (12/2 Ultra) and this movie put the duals to the test like nothing I have heard yet in my HT. The last ~30 min are absolutely hold on to your seat relentless in the LFE department. Felt like the room was going to come down on top of me feeling. I wonder why some are not getting what they should be in the LFE department from this film? All I know is bitstreaming this track produces one of the best sonic experiences available in HT audio.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Oh, it's an outstanding soundtrack but just think how much better it will sound with a lossless track.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
BTW, apparently Paramount will also announce that we'll be getting "Beowulf: Director's Cut" and all of the "Jack Ryan" box set movies (as individual titles, probably due to the box set SNAFU) on July 29, with "Madagascar" and "Shrek the Third" hitting September 16.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Congratulations.

I assume the BD Jack Ryan set will "mirror" the HD DVD version and be devoid of extras. Can you enlighten us Oh Great One?

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
No details other than it apparently won't be a box set anymore. If the rumors that these are "warehoused" BDs that Paramount held onto after the HD DVD switch, I would assume they are indeed barebones. Even if they weren't they might be ported over from the HD DVD which still results in no extras.

ETA: Several sites such as DVD Town and DVD Active have confirmed most of the info in my previous posts, and it looks like we'll getting all the info by the end of the day.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

Now that´s more like it. BOTH Dolby TrueHD and PCM sounds a bit overkill, but then again it´s nice to compare these two audio formats.

Based on the quick look, all extras (from the HD DVD) are indeed included (if "BD-Live Features" means "Transformers Heads Up Display" PiP commentary), but not sure about the web based-extras...

Btw. Like the link says, "Bee Movie" and "Cloverfield" are "R0", so it´s pretty safe to say that this one is also (and other releases). No region coding..

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Here's a complete list of extras:

* Commentary: Commentary by Director Michael Bay
* Featurette: OUR WORLD:
* Featurette: The Story Sparks HD
* Featurette: Human Allies HD
* Featurette: I Fight Giant Robots HD
* Featurette: Battleground HD
* Featurette: THEIR WAR:
* Featurette: Rise of the Robots HD
* Featurette: Autobots Roll Out HD
* Featurette: Decepticons Strike HD
* Featurette: Inside the AllSpark HD
* Featurette: Transformers Tech Inspector (TBD) HD
* Trailers: TRAILERS (will play after the feature via a menu)
* Trailers: Iron Man Trailer HD
* Featurette: MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE
* Trailers: Transformers Teaser Trailer HD
* Trailers: Rise of the Autobots HD
* Other: Transformers H.U.D. (Heads Up Display)
* Other: BD-Live Features (TBD)
* Featurette: From Script to Sand: The Skorponok Desert Attack HD
* Featurette: Concepts HD
* Trailers: Trailers HD:
* Trailers: Teaser Trailer 1 HD
* Trailers: Theatrical Trailer 2 HD
* Trailers: Theatrical Trailer 4 HD
* Easter Eggs: EASTER EGGS:
* Easter Eggs: Michael Bay Cameo HD
* Easter Eggs: Girl in Dress HD
* Easter Eggs: Bay Bot HD
* Easter Eggs: Casting Mojo HD

The "Transformers H.U.D." should be the PiP (which is referred to by BD specs as Bonus View), while the BD-Live features are the web interactivity.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

Ah, yes, I got confused.

Of course:

*Bonus View AKA Profile 1.1
*BD-Live AKA Profile 2.0 AKA web interactivity

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks