Transfer photos from one memory card to another?

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Bob McLaughlin, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Bob McLaughlin

Bob McLaughlin Screenwriter

Bob
    Is there an easy way to do this? Someone gave me a digital picture frame but it has no internal memory of its own, so you have to keep the memory card in it. I don't want to have to take out the memory card out of a picture frame every time I want to use my camera. Any way around this?

2. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer
    Supporter

Just use a card reader attached to your PC to move the files from one card to another. If the card reader does not have two slots, first copy the files to a temporary spot on your PC, then copy to another card.

3. Bob McLaughlin

Bob McLaughlin Screenwriter

Bob
    Thanks Scott! Anyone have any recommendations for a decent, easy-to-use reader/writer?

4. nolesrule

nolesrule Producer

Joe Kauffman
    Just about any USB card reader you can find will do the trick. You don't need anything pricy. If you already store your digital pics on a hard drive, then it makes things easy to update the card as needed.

5. Bryan X

Bryan X Producer

They are all easy to use. Just plug one into the usb port on your computer and it treats it as another drive. You should be able to find one for around $20.00.

Or you could buy an internal card reader/writer if you don't want another accessory cluttering things up.

My desktop has an internal multi-card reader/writer but I bought this (link below) SanDisk Compact Flash reader/writer for my laptop which only came with an SD reader:

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/st...&cmArea=SEARCH

6. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    Card readers are easier for my money than hooking up the camera to the computer anyway. Are you saying you only have one card?