What's new

Trailer for the 'A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET' remake. (1 Viewer)

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Originally Posted by Joe Karlosi

In this case, I can't WAIT to skip this new and unnecessary A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET remake.
Is it your goal to go into any movie thread you're not interested in just to let everyone know you're not interested in it? For someone so against something you spend a lot of your precious moments in life going into their threads.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Michael Elliott

Is it your goal to go into any movie thread you're not interested in just to let everyone know you're not interested in it? For someone so against something you spend a lot of your precious moments in life going into their threads.
It's something I do like to take a stand on sometimes, yes. I think the idea of a remake of ANOES is appalling, so I'd like to voice that opinion, and I think I am entitled to do that. As for how I choose to spend my precious moments in life, I leave it up to myself to decide what's worth it to me, or not.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by James 'Tiger' Lee

"You mean like you skipped Halloween II and the Friday the 13th remake? That's some nice skipping there boy!"

If you noticed, I specified "in this case". As I have often explained, I don't necessarily skip ALL remakes, which I would have thought was something that would make fans of modern remakes pleased. I have my own reasons or feelings on which ones I choose to see, and why. I take each one individually.

I liked Rob Zombie's THE DEVIL'S REJECTS, which was the only reason I was curious to see what he'd do with HALLOWEEN and HALLOWEEN II (and as they turned out, they both stunk). And as I have said countless times, I am a big F13 fan of the original series and to me the 2009 FRIDAY THE 13TH was just going to be another Jason movie, and the old franchise had reached its limit (but as it turned out, I don't need to own F13 '09 on DVD and I still prefer the old series).

With NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET, I have more respect for the original film that I do for the first 1980 FRIDAY THE 13TH, and I feel Robert Englund is irreplacable.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Originally Posted by Joe Karlosi

It's something I do like to take a stand on sometimes, yes. I think the idea of a remake of ANOES is appalling, so I'd like to voice that opinion, and I think I am entitled to do that. As for how I choose to spend my precious moments in life, I leave it up to myself to decide what's worth it to me, or not.
I didn't really mean it like that.

In other words, I don't like Hannah Montana but I don't waste my time going to her fan boards just to tell people she sucks and that I refuse to see her movie.

You say watching this film isn't worth your precious moments then why on Earth are you wasting your time posting in its thread, reading the thread or doing anything else with the film?

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Michael Elliott ">[/url]

I didn't really mean it like that.

In other words, I don't like Hannah Montana but I don't waste my time going to her fan boards just to tell people she sucks and that I refuse to see her movie.
[/QUOTE]I don't think it's quite like that when I take a stand against certain new remakes. And where does it say that this thread is only for people to respond to the announcement of a NOES remake with "positive acclaim only"? But anyway, it doesn't make a difference what "you" would do or not ... I'm 'Me', and I judge what I feel is worth my time to give an opinion on. There are people who feel we're wasting our time watching so many movies when there's a big beautiful world outside too, right?

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Michael Elliott

Your analogy is useless, It's pretty obvious there are going to be Elm Street fans who won't like the idea of a remake. If they were to recast Hannah Montana I'm sure her boards will be filled with fan anger.

I saw this trailer today. I've never really gotten into Elm Street. Seen the first one a few times, it's the dreamy aspect that turns me off. You can never be sure of what you're seeing and it just gets old to me. So, for whatever it's worth, the remake trailer looked pretty good IMO. It gave me this hope that I could watch it and the events would matter to me. I thought "maybe there will be a stronger internal logic to this one."

I have no idea if that will be the case, and wonder if maybe those who like the original would be turned off by it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks