What's new

TPM - lightning fast Jedi (1 Viewer)

Chucky P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Charles Paulsen
The first thing I thought of when I saw them running
"lightning fast" was those Super Star Wars games for the SNES.
When Qui Gon was meditating I thought he was saving his force strength to battle Maul instead wasting it. He would have won if Maul didn't cheated using his double sided lightsaber against Qui Gon's single sided one (Darth Maul never did play fair :) ).
If Obi-Wan was recovering from that force jump he probably had enough strength for a lightning run since Qui Gon and Maul were still separated by the shield and there was enough time for him to get his force power back.
Or maybe not :)

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
None of those things annoyed me as much as the way they polished off Darth Maul. After fighting like a power-infused tiger and kicking serious ass against two Jedi, he just stands there gawping like an idiot as Kenobi cuts him in half. I mean, please, couldn't they at least have had Kenobi beat him in combat instead of that lame-assed move?
But maybe I'm just pissed cause he died at all, he was hands down the coolest character in the movie. Ray Park did an excellent job.
------------------
/Kimmo

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Roland,
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to say that. Luke had done something similar in ESB.
------------------
Visit My Pathetic WebPage
"....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung

JamesCS

Stunt Coordinator
quote: Just a huge shame that Lucas felt he needed to get the force scientifically grounded and thus the midichlorians... I was very content accepting it as a mystical thing that the Jedi could do through intense training and innate ability. The midichlorians are just silly IMHO.[/quote]
Agreed. I mean did anyone have any problem enjoying and understanding the first three movies without a detailed scientific explanation of "The Force"? What does Lucas have in store for the next episode - "What are midichlorians made of? Quark-midichlorians, nutrino-midichlorians, boson-midichlorians?" In my opinion "the force" was not a loose end that needed to be tied up in the first episode. As a complete series, it will be odd that the term midichlorians was not mentioned in the final three episodes during Luke and Obiwan's discussions of the force. Perhaps Lucas will loop this in for the DVD release of the Special Special Boxed-Set Edition of Star Wars.

WoodyH

Stunt Coordinator
(EDIT: Oops...wrong thread.
blush.gif
)
------------------
Woody Hanscom
Link Removed
[Edited last by WoodyH on October 22, 2001 at 06:45 PM]

Mark Lee

Second Unit
So I suppose one way to defeat the Sith is to simply slip some antibiotics into their drink -- poof! No more midichlorians, no more Force, I'll be taking that light saber now....that's a good boy.... :)
------------------
Mark K. Lee
"Life is like a sewer -- what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
- Tom Lehrer

Erik Pontius

Stunt Coordinator
If you frame step that scene, they actually disappear for an instant leaving only the "blades" of the light sabres visable, then sort of reappear semi-transparent. It continues as the droids turn to face down the hallway the Jedi's just went down, all the way towards the end of the hallway you can see the semi-transparent Jedis still running. So in the second that it took the droids to turn, they were already at the end of a very long hallway...
Perhaps Anikin learns this same technique in EPII? http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/s...t20000713.html
------------------
"It's cheaper than a movie and there's free coffee."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks