What's new

TPM - lightning fast Jedi (1 Viewer)

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
You can do the same move in Unreal Tournament. Just hit any of the direction keys in quick sucession and whizz, you're off!

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Well I have good news for you. Lucas has cancelled a lot of real stunt actions for Episode II. He is going to use ILM CG stunt characters.
PS- Well, of course we still don't know if this is a good news or bad news!
laugh.gif

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
quote: You can do the same move in Unreal Tournament. Just hit any of the direction keys in quick sucession and whizz, you're off![/quote]
Oh my God! HTF Admins still play videogames? Well, that makes them ineligible to review movies here!
laugh.gif

[Edited last by Sam Davatchi on October 15, 2001 at 04:15 PM]

PhilipW

Second Unit
Actually I could accomplish the "force run and jumps" in the Atari game Decathalon. We had the guys jumping vertically off the screen with the pole vault.
biggrin.gif

------------------

Kami

Screenwriter
Jedi's rock, get over it! :)
You can do the same move in Unreal Tournament. Just hit any of the direction keys in quick sucession and whizz, you're off!
Similar effects can be achieved in Quake 1 and Quake 3...strafe jumping. Although it would be pretty silly to see a Jedi doing that move in a star wars movie
biggrin.gif

JamesCS

Stunt Coordinator
quote: "A type of glue used to help patch together a mediocre screenplay"[/quote]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Very funny, Greg

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Agree, those two scenes are stand out big time, I think I caught these the third or fourth theaterical viewing.
Jedi on Speed? or another thought "wouldnt you run fast if someone was about to shove a light saber up your a**?"
Ouch!
wink.gif

patriot.gif

------------------
Regards,
Todd

My HT

Miles_W

Second Unit
What I want to know is... Why didn;t Obi Wan use the Force Run to go to the aid of Qui Gon when he was battling Darth Maul during the climatic battle sequence???
Miles
------------------
Miles
DarkSide Member since(93)

Roland Wandinger

Stunt Coordinator
There is a similar scene in The Empire Strikes Back where Luck is in the "Carbonate(sp?) Pit" and Vader is activating the "feezy" switch thru the force. Just when Vader has his back to the pit Luck jumps out lightning fast.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
What I want to know is... Why didn;t Obi Wan use the Force Run to go to the aid of Qui Gon when he was battling Darth Maul during the climatic battle sequence???
Well, according to the Jedi Knight game, when you use your Force powers, you have to wait for your Force meter to recharge before you can use them again. If Obi-Wan uses the Force Run, he wouldn't be strong enough to be able to fight Maul (and he just used a Force Jump immediately before).

William Ward

Supporting Actor
Nitpicky: According to Jedi Knight game it's called "Force Speed."
Jedi in SW movies have used five different jedi powers that were listed in Jedi Knight:
Force Push(QG, OW, DM)
Force Grab(Vader choking lieutenants)
Force Pull(Luke and Obi-Wan grabbing lightsaber)
Force Jump(Luke in ESB and Obi-Wan in TPM)
Force Speed(QG & OW in TPM)
Why didn't Obi use Force Speed to get thru the laser gates:
A. Untimed, completely random. No telling when it would shut again thus creating Extra Crispy Obi-Wan
B. Jedi Knight idea: not enough force power from Jump previous.
C. At the end of the gates is a pit(SW cliche) and OW may not have known when to stop.
D. Didn't think he would need it.
That's all I (and others) can come up with. All except B seem likely. Most likely A or D.
------------------
William
Go Bucs!!
MyDVDs

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
Another force using feature has to be the way they deflect blaster... uh, blasts.
smile.gif

Actually, using force powers is something I would like to see more of in the upcoming movies, but it should be made clear that it is indeed the force that is being used. That could be done by mentioning it in dialogue etc.
Just a huge shame that Lucas felt he needed to get the force scientifically grounded and thus the midichlorians... I was very content accepting it as a mystical thing that the Jedi could do through intense training and innate ability. The midichlorians are just silly IMHO.
------------------
/Kimmo

Scott Thomas

Second Unit
"Haven't you ever played the Jedi Knight PC game?"
Dude, that was the first thing I thought of when I saw that scene

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks