What's new

Toys R US have collectible 3-pack of He-Man figures (1 Viewer)

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
I never said it was out of the realm of possibility -- just that it'd require a fair number of discs and that the price would probably be offputting to the target audience, many of whom are in college and don't have tons of cash at their disposal. Sure, plenty of people are fond of Masters of the Universe, but how many would pay, say, $100 for each season? I think there'd be a much larger market for a handful of individual discs with a smaller number of episodes and a much lower list price.
I ran the largest and most popular Masters of the Universe site on the web for a number of years, and I've been in touch with Hallmark Entertainment on this. You will not see season-by-season releases any time in the near future and probably not any time, ever.
Edit -- oh, I forgot to mention this, but the new deluxe figures will come with an episode of the series. The other webmasters from he-man.org and I helped choose episodes, though the only one I remember that was a definite was "The Diamond Ray of Disappearance". And for the curious, the pictures displayed above are from my site. :)
------------------
My DVD list | My personal site
[Edited last by Adam Tyner on September 19, 2001 at 08:55 AM]

James D S

Screenwriter
Adam, Well aren't you just the party-pooper. :)
But, alas, I agree. I mean, let's face it, what would the rewatchability on most of those be anyway? Probably not high. Even as a kid, I remember a few stinkers.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Never again. Mattel scarred me for life as a child. I had every single He-Man character, all of their weapons, both castles, the whole thing. Took me forever to finish my collection. Then those marketing bastards came out with The Evil Hoard, who were just a group of sissies anyway, and I refused to buy them. Sold my entire collection including the castles. Probably only got $100 out of it and I wouldn't be surprised if I spent it all on candy. Damnit. Those would be worth some money today...
Why couldn't they have continued doing what worked - coming out with a new character here and there? No action figures had more than two groups: There were the good guys and the bad guys. Not some third party full of pansies running around causing trouble for everyone. What kid has the imagination to comprehend that, anyway? Let's see, there are good guys, and bad guys, and then these evil hoard people who in all respects are bad, but they're not under the command of Skelator. What the hell do we do with THESE guys? Team He-Man and Skelator up to eradicate the little bitches? Yeah, THAT'S gonna happen! And even if it did - afterall, we can make the characters do whatever we want - then what? Once He-Man and Skelator are friends, there's no going back as far as an 8 year old is concerned. So what do we do with them? Dress them up in Barbie clothes and take them to tea parties? Hah! If they can't fight each other, they're worthless!
Stupid, stupid, stupid... The Evil Hoard was the turning point of the whole He-Man empire. Mattel blew it, big time.
------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks