What's new

Toy Story BD Question (1 Viewer)

EdReedFan20

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed that the artwork for the Toy Story Blu-Ray only says Blu-Ray + DVD. I understand the artwork may not be final, but on amazon.com someone posted photos of the recent re-release of Cars. It's the one that includes two toy cars. It also only says Blu-Ray + DVD. Now, my question is has Disney stopped using Digital Copy or are Digital Copies so standard now that Disney just doesn't advertise them? A thought I had was with Managed-Copy (is it still coming out?), digital copies supplied by movie companies would become irrelevant, wouldn't they? A few weeks ago on thedigitalbits.com I recall reading that Toy Story was indeed including Digital Copy, however, everywhere I've looked, I've seen nothing confirming that. Thanks.

Here is the said Cars photo. (It's the third one)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B002LW9ITY/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_1?ie=UTF8&index=1

and the Toy Story one

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0030IIYWA/ref=s9_simh_gw_p74_t2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1XNZ0EH3CA75T59N3BJR&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I don't see any reference to including Digital Copies on the press release do I doubt they have them, but I have asked for confirmation. In my experience a studio never misses the opportunity to advertise that there is something extra in the case. Managed copy (I don't know of a single supported title) will never replace digital copies as I don't know anyone who would want a 50GB file on a portable device that doesn't have the room and won't benefit from the resolution. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back.

Matt Lucas

Stunt Coordinator
Originally Posted by EdReedFan20

I noticed that the artwork for the Toy Story Blu-Ray only says Blu-Ray + DVD. I understand the artwork may not be final, but on amazon.com someone posted photos of the recent re-release of Cars. It's the one that includes two toy cars. It also only says Blu-Ray + DVD. Now, my question is has Disney stopped using Digital Copy or are Digital Copies so standard now that Disney just doesn't advertise them? A thought I had was with Managed-Copy (is it still coming out?), digital copies supplied by movie companies would become irrelevant, wouldn't they? A few weeks ago on thedigitalbits.com I recall reading that Toy Story was indeed including Digital Copy, however, everywhere I've looked, I've seen nothing confirming that. Thanks.

I wondered about this, too.

When I logged into my Disney Movie Rewards account the other day, I noticed that there is now some sort of online access to the BR movies for which I've entered product codes into my DMR account. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like those movies are now accessible through my account as online, playable movie files. I've read about Disney pushing some sort of online movie service so that viewers can watch their movies in all kinds of locations, regardless of whether they have the actual disc with them or not.

So...maybe Disney is moving away from including a Digital Copy and moving toward the online access thing?

Regards,
matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks