What's new

Toy Story 10th Anniversary Edition coming in September (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I'll ONLY consider purchase if there is indeed an improvement in image quality.

Otherwise, any other word whether existing extras will be ported over?

Sean.S

Stunt Coordinator
That's great. I haven't been able to find a release for the first Toy Story, so this will be very nice to have! :)

RomanSohor

Second Unit
It would be nice if they offered us an "upgrade" - I'd pay $10 on top of what I previously bought for a "superbit" quality Toy Story, with DTS.

I have watched so many of the Pixar titles on 60" HD displays, improperly calibrated, and they look fantastic... so when I finally get my HD Front projector to replace my old SVGA, I am sure I can get them to look great. I honestly don't know how many title's I will be re-buying on HD-DVD/BlueRay...

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Excellent!

I need to get one for my son, who's two. I love him dearly, but he's still not allowed to touch my Toy Story Toy Box. ;)

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
They'd have to do something pretty damn special to get me to double-dip on this title. I have the Ultimate Toybox, and I see no reason to upgrade.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Just a note on picture quality. If I remember correctly, the current Toy Story (part 1) DVD was created from film since the movie was never created as a "whole" in the computer.

I would definitely buy this if I knew they were outputting the files directly from the raw 3D files. Hopefully we'll find out.

Reagan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reagan
If the PQ is actually better, I'll buy this in a second, given that I only have the single disc versions of the films.

-Reagan

Joel C

Screenwriter
Where is the Lilo & Stitch re-issue? That movie, at least, wasn't already an SE. It was supposed to be out in early 2004, then mid-2005, but still no word?

Phil Kim

Stunt Coordinator
As an Ultimate Toy Box owner, another :thumbsdown: The only way I would upgrade is if it includes Blu-Ray or HD-DVD as well (hopefully the formats will merge).

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Well, I'm excited. I never was able to buy the Ultimate Toy Box (I couldn't afford the $60 price tag) so I'm hoping this will port over soem of the older extras. :)

Casey C.

Stunt Coordinator
Count me as another Ultimate Toy Box owner who will be sitting this one out. For the average consumer, though, this is a good thing. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe "Toy Story" has been out of print since 2003 (thanks to Disney's annoying limited-release practice). It will be good to see it back on the shelves again.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Here, I thought that the picture (TS2) couldn't get any better here they claim it can. Two things would make me double dip and send my twin collection to my son's room and keep the 9/6 release downstairs: 1 PROMINENT video improvement nothing subtle, and 2 DTS soundtrack. TS2 opening scene better shake the house down with a DTS track. Absent those two criterias, not worth it for me, very pleased with PQ on original double disc set.

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter

While that was the case for the laserdisc, I recall reading that steps were taken to make it purely digital on the DVD.

Massimo N

Stunt Coordinator
As an owner of the Ultimate Toy Box set, I will hold out until the HD-DVD or Blue-Ray version gets release until I re-buy. The UTB set is reference quality as it is.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Thanks for the warning! I can avoid this purchase. :) (Good song, but Newman nor Lovett thrill me.)

I've got the UTB. It would take a super ultimate re-release to merit a re-purchase.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Passing on this needless double-dip. I was very lucky to get my hands on the Ultimate Toy Box set and am very happy with its exceptional presentation and all of the goodies presented on there. Unless there's some majorly important information that was not included on the Ultimate Toy Box, I don't see the need to blow another $30 to get the same two films in a higher quality with most of the same extras all over again. :thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks