Towers & surrounds with $600-$800. Suggestions please!

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by KenY, Feb 9, 2012.

1. KenY

KenY Extra

I'm leaning towards a Pioneer vsx-1121 receiver, & a Cadence sub. So that leaves Me with $600-800 for towers, center, & rear surrounds. Any suggestions welcome! I haven't shopped for speakers for awhile...our music is mainly rock & hard rock, & we love action movies.

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    http://www.fluance.com/fluanceavhtb.html Throw in the BIC F12 as the sub. With shipping you are right around $600.

3. Colin Dunn

Colin Dunn Supporting Actor

Newegg often has Polk Monitor series speakers on sale; you should be able to pick up a pair of Monitor-70s, a center, and surrounds (either Monitor-50s if you want floor-standers, or Monitor-30s/40s if you want bookshelves). I went with the Monitor-70 / CS2 / Monitor-50 combo and got a complete 7.0 speaker setup for $775. If you're doing 5-channel instead of 7, you'll probably come in around $600. Definitely better sound than a home-theater-in-a-box. I definitely recommend the Monitor-70 over the Monitor-50 for front channels as they not only have more bass, but overall noticeably better sound quality.

4. KenY

KenY Extra

Cool! Thanks! I checked em out, and they look great! I'm thinkin 70s, 40s, and cs2. I can do that for around $670. Awesome.Thanks again!

5. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    I really like the Polks as a "budget" speaker. The 70s are very nice. I have them in my livingroom system. They are regularly on sale for $180 each, so wait for the sale. CS2 is often $100 and the 40s are $120. So wait for them to ge on sale.