What's new

Tough decision - Projector (1 Viewer)

Jon Oliva

Agent

I think this is correct. Headaches & eye strain seem to come from an excessively bright screen, especially when in a dark room. I also think DLPs tend to get blamed for this because they tend to be (often/in general) brighter systems.

Also, don't discount DLPs if you can see rainbows. I can see them anytime I want to on my MT700 (most people can't...nobody else has on mine), but it doesn't bother me. One or two little rainbows per movie is an easy price to pay for a great black level and contrast ratio IMHO. I've had many many many people over and none have complained, even when most have been asked about 'rainbows' or 'eyestrain'.

Both LCD and DLP are fine technologies, just make sure to evaluate both fairly and don't have a knee-jerk reaction towards certain pj's due to the hearsay on these forums (my info included).

John Brill

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
EvanM wrote:

The rankings on Projector Central are based on popularity, not units sold. For example, the Panny has had 187 reviews done with the average reviewer giving it 4.5 stars. The BenQ 6100, on the other hand, has had 224 reviews also with an overall rating of 4.5 stars but has had more 1 star reviews than the Panny.

JB

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks