Totally dissapointed with Lasersedge. :(

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Sanjay Gupta, Jul 24, 2003.

1. Sanjay Gupta

Sanjay Gupta Supporting Actor

Sanjay Gupta
    My email to Lasersedge, reproduced below, explains the cause of my aggravation.

2. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

Nice letter! Let them have it!

You are not alone in the frustration, and other sites have been caught doing this too, but that does not make it a good business practice.

I would send them another email and tell them that you would like what they are holding for you to be sent out today, via overnight express (at their expense), and cancel the remainder of your order.

If you send that out before they get to work on Friday morning maybe they can ship it out on the 25th.

Glenn

3. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

I like Laser's Edge, and given DVD Planet's current practice of appearing to have fired all of their CSRs (i.e., no one ever answers the phone), it's about the only on-line site I still use.

BUT, I agree, that the in-stock status indicator on their website is pathetic. I always order by phone, and so can make sure something's in stock before I buy it, but it still irritates me that I can't see it on their website (and for those who actually place orders on-line, I don't see how you can order from them). There's a title I've been wanting that they've listed as usually ships 1-3 days for months now, but everytime I check by phone, it's out of stock.

Like I said, for a phone customer like me, this is a minor irritation. But for on-line orderers (I imagine the majority of their customers) it seems like a deal-killer.

4. Sanjay Gupta

Sanjay Gupta Supporting Actor

Sanjay Gupta
    Since I have posted my displeasure with Lasersedge here it is only right that I also post the follow up to the situation here.
    Today, and might I add quite promptly, I got a response from Lasersedge regarding my complaint. The response from them, posted below, in my opinion is quite satisfactory. I still feel though that they need to address the innaccurate 'In Stock' and/or 'Shipping Estimate' status as depicted on their site.

5. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

I made a pre-order purchase from this company. The DVD was not in stock on release day & they can't provide me with a shipping date. I'm puzzled as to why this Forum is associated with a company that performs so badly.

6. Steve...O

Steve...O Producer

Steve
    I've been ordering from LE for quite awhile now and, in general, have been more than satisfied with their service. My e-mails get answered promptly and completely and the very few issues I had also got resolved immediately.

Jeff, I don't know what happened with your order but it sounds like the studio or distributor is at fault here. Nearly every pre-order I've ever had with them shows up the Friday or Saturday before release date. You might try calling them via the phone # listed on the web. The people who answer the phone are very knowledgable and will give you a straight answer. The only downside is that you have to call during normal retail hours to get a knowledgable person.

Good luck!

Steve

7. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

Steve, I'm not the only person who is having a problem with them. Do I detect an emerging pattern?

8. Steve...O

Steve...O Producer

Steve
    If there is an emerging pattern then yes, it should be addressed. Is there another thread with the problems? The last post right before yours was almost 4 years old. Maybe I'm lucky, but most of my experiences with them have been pain free. Regardless of my experiences though, I sincerely hope they do right by you and get the situation straightened out.

Steve