Total Support for the U.S from the U.K

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul_Dolling, Sep 20, 2001.

1. Paul_Dolling

Paul_Dolling Auditioning

This subject has probably already been covered on the forum, but as a U.K citizen with family and friends in N.Y I felt I had to voice my TOTAL support for the wonderful people throughout the U.S. I was shocked and horrified about last Tuesdays events and struggled to hold back tears. The quicker we can bring this terrorist scum to justice the better. I am sure that I speak for the entire U.K when I say that our thoughts and wishes are with the families that have lost so much and our lives have all been touched by this horrific cowardly attack on democracy that effects us all. God bless America.

2. RonR

RonR Stunt Coordinator

I gotta say the Brit's has been behind us 100% on this one.
    A country on the top of my "must visit" list.

3. Eric Scott

Eric Scott Second Unit

I was impressed by British PM Tony Blair’s, words of support, statesmanship and demeanor in last nights speech in Washington. On the other hand it seemed to me that George Bush was savoring the moment, too glorified by his own power and enjoying it a little too much considering what has happened and the serious decisions and actions yet to be made.

4. ChadM

ChadM Stunt Coordinator

Eric, I would disagree. I thought his expressions were those of someone who had faced a difficult week and was extremely proud of the way the Government has responded. I think, if anything, maybe last night for the first time he felt like the President (given the election mess). Glorified in his own power - no, damn proud of this country - absolutely.
    Also, it is funny you should mention that. I got that feeling every time our former President Clinton gave a speech. He had what seemed like a smirk on his face (to me) for an entire eight years - even during the gravest times. I guess it is in the way you read the expressions of a person - and Clinton's never set well with me. It may be the same for you and W. In fact, I got the same feeling I used to get from Bill, watching Hillary last night. She seemed to be barly clapping and more interested in talking to the man next to her. And she looked like shit to boot.
    Great speech by the way - should have ended with the badge thing. Also thought he would talk more about Pataki and Guilliani. I dont think those men have slept since the 11th. Wonderful to see the Mr. Blair there too.

5. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Gentlemen:
    Before this goes any further. This is not a thread about Bush's speech or anything along those lines. Keep it on subject and keep the politics out of it.
    Parker

6. Hugh Jackes

Hugh Jackes Supporting Actor

Hugh Jackes
    RonR--
    It is a wonderful place to visit. The only problem I had was the language barrier. Those people talk funny [​IMG].
    What was it somebody said? Two peoples separated by a common language?

7. RonR

RonR Stunt Coordinator

[​IMG]