What's new

"Total HD" from Warners (re: Blu-ray/HD-DVD hybrid disc) (1 Viewer)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Not in the least. It was clear that some thought that HDDVD would and should die before people ever saw a single disc or player from either format.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member

I didn't say otherwise (in fact, I've been a huge promoter of the fact that HD DVD helped kick some sense into Sony and the BD group when they were slacking big-time).

I was responding to an HD DVD poster who suggested that HD DVD folks never thought that HD DVD might "win". I was reminding him that there was indeed a time when that was considered possible by many (here and elsewhere).

(ie, I don't think there's anything I said you disagree with. So why the challenging-oriented remark?)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

Could they? Yes. Will HD media be as successful? No, not with major studios providing exclusive support for only one format.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I have not had internet for the past 4 months so I am wondering, did the Total HD idea die? Or did the studios just delay the release of Total HD combo discs?

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
it was put in indefinite hold a few months back. But now with the new guy at WB, it probably won't happen at all bcs he mentioned at the BD conference that WB might be going uni-format sometime in the near future (TotalHD naturally is the ultimate in "dual format" support).

Norman Matthews

Second Unit
I still think the Ultimate Superman Collection was planned as the big launch title for Total HD. Now that it's dead, I'm hoping that means the Collection will come out on each format individually sooner rather than later.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Robert,

have you heard anything conclusive? I had heard "indications" but nothing for sure. I think it's reasonable to assume it won't happen, just wondering if you heard anything definitive.

thanks,

dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks