What's new

Toshiba TV blinking red light? (1 Viewer)

Mark-Mathis

Auditioning
I have a Toshiba 36a60 that when I push the power button does not power up, but the red light just blinks. Does anybody have an idea as to what the problem may be? Thanks!

errol

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Mark,

That indicates an internal fault of some kind.

A reset normally corrects the problem.

Try this:

- Unplug the set and wait a few seconds or minutes
- Replug and see if the video returns

Whenever the set senses an internal fault through its monitoring circuitry, it essentially shuts down the set. The flashing LED provides the indication that a fault has been detected. Removing power to the set resets the monitoring circuitry. When plugged back in, the circuitry again does a check of the system.

If it finds that there truly is a problem, then the set is shut down and the LED will continue to flash. In this case, you need to call a service tech. Most of the time, however, the unplug/replug routine is enough to get the set up and running.

Thanks,
Errol

John-Miles

Screenwriter
LOL like rebooting with windows.... luckily i think toshiba is a little more reliable than microsoft.

Mark-Mathis

Auditioning
Thanks Errol for the reply. I unpluged the set and waited several minutes, but no luck. I guess I will have to get it repaired.

Thanks,
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks