Toshiba 65H93 or Mitsubishi WS-65315?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jonathan Malto, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Jonathan Malto

Jonathan Malto Auditioning

Hey guys,

I picked up (not literally) the Mitsu 65315 from best buy last weekend. I got it for $2300 out the door delivered so I could not pass it up.

I am *OVERALL* very happy with this TV, but I think the picture could be a little better. For some reason I really like the Sony's picture better, but the new 65" are not in stock yet.

My Best Buy does offer the Toshiba 65H93 but did not have a display model, just a 57" which looked pretty damn clear, but then again, so did the mitsu in the store.

If you guys had to pick between the two, which would you go for? I like the way the Toshiba looks better then the mitsu, but I am more interested in picture quality/life of the tv, over what color the cabinet is [​IMG]

Thanks.

2. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

In my experience the Mit's are far more tweakable(more parameters).

Have you calibrated your set with Avia yet? I also found that removing the protective screen made a huge difference on my Mits.

3. John S

John S Producer

A calibration, evens up the score for sure. I'd say keep what you got, and get it calibrated. The difference is significant.

4. Jonathan Malto

Jonathan Malto Auditioning

I used AVIA last night and I was amazed at how much better the picture looked. I was just wondering if it was worth the HDMI connector and possibly better screen to swap them or just keep the Mitsu. I'll probably end up keeping it b/c my wife would probably divorce me if I got rid of it. :b