What's new

Toshiba 52HM95 - warning (1 Viewer)

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
In September I purtchased a Toshiba 52HM95 from Sears. Thank goodness I bought a 5 yr extended waranty!

Monday the lamp blew. I phoned Sears and they referred me to Toshiba. After twenty minutes on hold they explained the lamp was on back order and would not be avaliable for weeks, then they would send it so I can install it.

I called Sears to complain - wtf is my 5 yr warranty for if I have to do the part ordering and install? Apparently this is a known issue at Sears wih the Toshiba HM TVs and they refer all lapm troubles back to Toshiba. The second person was more accomodationg and offered to pay for a rental - but no replacement since it has been over 90 days. I declined the rental - just where do I keep TWO 52" TVs in my livingroom?

Then I did some investigating... All over the internet are posts from people who are experiencing the same thing - new Toshiba DLP - blown lamp - same backorder story. Some people have been waiting months.

I just phoned Sears and asked how long we have to wait for parts before we give up. Their reply - 90 days... !

Nice.

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
credit to Sears; I poned them to express my convern about the time it could take to get the part. They said they'd make some calls. Next day the lamp arrived.

Kudos to Sears. Too bad that I had to make so much noise first, but they did get the job done.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks