What's new

Toshiba 34HDX82 for $1,700 delivered at Grant's Appliances (Chicagoland) YMMV (1 Viewer)

Wayne Shiu

Grip
I just bought a Toshiba 34HDX82 HDTV today for $1,700 delivered before tax. I bought it from a family owned store called Grant's TVs and appliances. They sell Samsungs, Toshibas, and Sonys. They don't have the selection of Best Buy or Circuit City, but they have a decent selection. They are very flexible on price and are willing to haggle because they don't take credit card payments. They wanted to sell the TV to me for $1999, but I had come prepared with a bunch of internet printouts. I asked them to pricematch to HypeAudio.com which was selling it for $1,732.55, the cheapest price I found online. I was surprised by how easy it was to pricematch that price. They tried to say that Hypeaudio would charge shipping, but I countered that they won't charge me tax, which they accepted. So they gave it to me for $1,700 plus tax. I'm not sure how reputable this company is because this is the first time i've bought from them, but they say that they've been selling appliances for 75 years and just recently started selling TVs. I guess I'll find out next Saturday how good they are. Anyways, I'm now looking for a nice entertainment center for around $500, if anyone out there has any advice on where I can get a good entertainment center, I would greatly appreciate it. thanks in advance!!

RandyMathis

Stunt Coordinator
My friends all swear by Grants. If they sold projectors I would buy from them. I did check out a Toshiba RPTV and I was impressed by their price.

Wayne Shiu

Grip
That's comforting to hear. I didn't know how reputable they were as this is the first time I bought something from them. My TV is set to be delivered on Friday. I can't wait!

Joe Solek

Agent
Just hope that everything is fine with the set. They are extremely difficult to deal with if the merchandise does not perform as you think it should. Return is not in their vocabulary.

Wayne Shiu

Grip
Yeah, since they don't accept credit cards, I figured they would give me a hard time if I tried to return the tv. I got it delivered to me on Friday, delivery guys came in and unboxed it and put it on my tv stand. I am very impressed with the tv. The picture and color is amazing, and I didn't notice a vertical line down the middle of the tv like many others have noticed on theirs, even when I tried looking against a white background. I did notice a slight shadow going down the left side of the tv when I first turned it on and saw some regular tv programming. but i don't see it now when I watch dvd's or hdtv through progressive scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks