What's new

Tosh 57HX81 and backlighting (1 Viewer)

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
I just received the Ideal-Lume backlight. I would like to mount it on the back of the TV so that the light faces the wall, but I don't want to use screws. Any suggestions? I tried it on the floor but light spills out from underneath the TV (annoying and distracting). Also tried it on top of the TV behind the center speaker, but the light is longer than the speaker. I think mounting it on the slanted part of the TV will work out best, but I would hate to screw it into the particle board.

Thanks,

Vlad

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
use some heavy velco strips.

If the light source is too strong, simply apply some alumnium foil over the light.

Gregg

jason_brumley

Auditioning
Use double sided tape to attach the light. I have several things stick to the back of my TV with this stuff, just pay extra and get the good stuff.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Will the light's weight or the heat from the light affect the tape or glue on the velcro over time? I would hate to have the light fall off one day.

Guy Kuo

Supporting Actor
I'd put it back on the floor and then place a strip of something opaque behind the read edge of the set to block the light leak. That long piece of scrap material left over from building your screen masks would be perfect. That ensures the lamp won't fall after a failed adhesive and get rid of the objectionable leak.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks