What's new

Topic: Cable TV, DVD Player and my 37 in 1080p LCD HDTV... Help Please :) (1 Viewer)

turner

Auditioning
Real Name
turner walters
Ok so I bought this TV after seeing a great sale and reading solid reviews.

Westinghouse 37in 1080p LCD HDTV

after looking at it, I noticed there is not cable CATV input on the back. In my appartment there is just a CATV jack in the wall and cable being pumped into it. How exactly am I going to get cable on this tv?

Also can someone reccomend a DVD Player for this TV? Nothing to horribly expensive. I am NOT looking for HDDVD or Blu-Ray Support unless they are CHEAP.

It arrives June 30th, so I got some time to figure this out.

Dick Knisely

Second Unit
The trouble is the fact that you didn't buy a TV -- you bought a monitor. Now that's NOT necessarily a bad thing but there's no TV Tuner on board and that somewhat limits what you can do. Basically it means you have to have a cable set-top-box from the cable company but you'll need one anyway to get digital channels and HD via the cable. The coax from the wall will go to the STB. For your TV display, you'll need to feed it via component, HDMI or DVI inputs. An HD cable box should have component output and you'll use that. You can use the component (good) or HDMI (probably better) for connecting up the DVD player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks