Topeka, Kansas

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe Wong, Nov 11, 2001.

1. Joe Wong

Joe Wong Second Unit

Hi folks,
    Anyone know what Topeka, Kansas is like? With respect to crime, cost of living, climate, etc.?
    Regards,
    Joe

2. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    I like in Kansas City, MO, which is about an hour from Topeka. Topeka is a good town, midwest climate (it gets both cold and hot), and not too expensive. I don't know about the crime, but a google search on Topeka living would probably help a lot.
    Here is a link for a cost of living comparator.
    http://www.homefair.com/homefair/cmr/salcalc.html
    You put in your salary where you are, and it will tell you how much you will have to make to be comparable in another town. Should show you what you need to know.
    Also, consider writing to the Topeka Chamber of Commerce. They should be able to send you a "Relocating to Topeka" packet, with a lot of the answers you seek.
    ------------------
    Randy Tennison
    Kansas City, MO
    Home theater photos located at
    http://home.kc.rr.com/thetennisons/

3. Kevin Potts

Kevin Potts Second Unit

Personally I don't care for Topeka at all. To me it's rather boring and lacks the fun factor that other bigger cities have. Shopping is decent considering the size of the town. I think the crime rate is slightly above average although the murder rate seemed to be somewhat higher than normal.
    I believe there is a member of the HTF that lives in Topeka, so hopefully he can give a little more personal insight into the pros and cons of living there.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]"See the world on the wings of rock and roll"

4. Joe Wong

Joe Wong Second Unit

Thanks for the replies!
    Joe