What's new

Top Secret! on July 16! (1 Viewer)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I like the cover - does that mean I have to leave the forum in disgrace? ;)
I got my copy a couple of days ago in the mail. The quality is pretty good given the source material. You're not going to be using it as your prized demonstration disc, but I doubt it'll offend too much. The extras didn't strike me as all that brilliant. The deleted scenes were deleted with good reason (they are prime examples of what happens when this type of humour doesn't quite hit the right note), and I didn't take to the commentary track (though be warned that I didn't warm to the commentary on The Naked Gun either and a lot of others liked it, so perhaps don't take my word for it).
There is an Easter egg which is the Swedish bookstore scene as it was actually filmed (for those who don't know, the scene in question is a single tracking shot, which is shown backwards in the finished movie - it is technically extremely adept). I've shown how to access it below, but have blanked it out for those masochists who want to find out for themselves:
Go to the special features section and find the page which shows the shopkeeper staring through the magnifying glass. Move the pointer onto the magnified eye and click.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
"Die Sauerkraut ist in mein Lederhosen."
Woohoo! Top Secret! Greet greet moofie!! A moist buy fur moi!! :) :emoji_thumbsup:
ps. Dimitri Andreas (Latrine) is a friend of dads, and I remember poking fun at him about his character name in that film, but he's a really good bloke, I haven't seen him in ages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks