What's new

Top of the Pops (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The artists on the 11th January, 1979 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by David Jensen):I'm Every Woman - Chaka Khan (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Rama Lama Ding Dong - Rocky Sharpe & the ReplaysMirrors - Sally OldfieldHello, this is Joannie (The Telephone Answering Machine Song) - Paul Evans (video)Louisiana Rain - Bonnie TylerRaining in My Heart - Leo SayerDr. Who - MankindCar 67 - Driver 67 (part video)Desire Me - The DollI'll Put You Together Again - Hot Chocolate (video)Don't Cry for Me Argentina - The ShadowsOne Nation Under a Groove (Part 1) - Funkadelic (audio)Together We Are Beautiful - Steve AllanThe No.1 single: Y.M.C.A. - The Village People (video) (Second week at No.1)End Credits: My Life - Billy Joel (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The artists on the 18th January, 1979 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Peter Powell):Take That to the Bank - Shalamar (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Sir Dancelot - Olympic RunnersYou Needed Me - Anne Murray (video)Lay Your Love on Me - RaceyThis is It - Dan Hartman (audio)When I'm Away from You - Frankie MillerA Little More Love - Olivia Newton-JohnHit Me with Your Rhythm Stick - Ian Dury & The BlockheadsWoman in Love - The Three DegreesMy Life - Billy Joel (video)Le Freak - ChicThe No.1 single: Y.M.C.A. - The Village People (video) (Third and final week at No.1)End Credits: I'm Every Woman - Chaka Khan (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The artists on the 1st February, 1979 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Mike Read):Contact - Edwin Starr (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)May the Sun Shine - NazarethWoman in Love - The Three DegreesThe Sound of the Suburbs - The MembersMirrors - Sally OldfieldDoctor Doctor - UFOMy Life - Billy Joel (video)Que Tal America - Two Man SoundKing Rocker - Generation XEverybody is a Star - The Pointer SistersCar 67 - Driver 67 (part video)The No.1 single: Heart of Glass - Blondie (audio) (First week at No.1)End Credits: Chiquitita - ABBA (audio).*****The artists on the 8th February, 1979 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by David Jensen):This is It - Dan Hartman (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Weekend - Mick JacksonAin't Love a Bitch - Rod Stewart (video)Chiquitita - ABBA (audio)Oliver's Army - Elvis Costello & The AttractionsDon't Cry for Me Argentina - The ShadowsMilk and Alcohol - Dr. FeelgoodI Was Made for Dancin' - Leif Garrett (video)Get It - DartsTake on the World - Judas PriestDestiny - The JacksonsThe No.1 single: Heart of Glass - Blondie (video) (Second week at No.1)End Credits: Get Down - Gene Chandler (audio).*****The artists on the 15th February, 1979 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Peter Powell):Tragedy - The Bee Gees (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Honey I'm Lost - The DooleysKing Rocker - Generation XContact - Edwin Starr (audio)Baby of Mine - Alan PriceShake Your Groove Thing - Peaches & Herb (video)Stop Your Sobbing - The PretendersI Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor (video)Lucky Number - Lene LovichWoman in Love - The Three DegreesInto the Valley - The SkidsThe No.1 single: Heart of Glass - Blondie (video) (Third week at No.1)End Credits: Cool Meditation - Third World (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The artists on the 1st March, 1979 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Mike Read):Just What I Needed - The Cars (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Into the Valley - The SkidsI Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor (video)Waiting for an Alibi - Thin LizzyKeep on Dancin' - Gary's Gang (audio)Don't Stop Me Now - Queen (video)I Want Your Love - ChicClog Dance - ViolinskiLucky Number - Lene LovichPainter Man - Boney M (video)Imperial Wizard - David EssexThe No.1 single: Tragedy - The Bee Gees (audio) (First week at No.1)End Credits: Something Else - The Sex Pistols (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The artists on the 9th March, 1979 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by David Jensen):You Bet Your Love - Herbie Hancock (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Everything is Great - Inner CircleOliver's Army - Elvis Costello & The AttractionsSomething Else - The Sex Pistols (audio)Everybody's Happy Nowadays - The BuzzcocksMoney in My Pocket - Dennis BrownBristol Stomp - The Late ShowCan You Feel the Force? - The Real ThingGreen Light - Cliff RichardHoney I'm Lost - The DooleysOverkill - MotorheadSaturday Night (Beneath the Plastic Palm Trees) - The Leyton BuzzardsThe No.1 single: Tragedy - The Bee Gees (audio) (Second and final week at No.1)End Credits: Keep on Dancin' - Gary's Gang (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The artists on the 15th March, 1979 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Peter Powell):Turn the Music Up - The Players Association (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Strange Town - The JamLucky Number - Lene LovichHold the Line - Toto (video)Just What I Needed - The Cars (video)I Want Your Love - Chic (audio)Waiting for an Alibi - Thin LizzyClog Dance - ViolinskiInto the Valley - The SkidsYou Bet Your Love - Herbie Hancock (video)Mary Ann - Black Lace (the UK's entry in the 1979 Eurovision Song Contest)The No.1 single: I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor (video) (First week at No.1)End Credits: Don't Stop Me Now - Queen (audio).*****The artists on the 29th March, 1979 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Mike Read):I Want Your Love - Chic (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Some Girls - RaceyThe Runner - The Three DegreesImagination - Rocky Sharpe & The ReplaysForever in Blue Jeans - Neil Diamond (audio)Haven't Stopped Dancing Yet - GonzalezSomething's Cookin' in the Kitchen - DanaRemember Then - ShowaddywaddyHe's the Greatest Dancer - Sister Sledge (video)I Don't Wanna Lose You - KandidateMary Ann - Black Lace (the UK's entry in the 1979 Eurovision Song Contest)The No.1 single: I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor (video) (Third week at No.1)End Credits: Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground) - The Jacksons (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The artists on the 5th April, 1979 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Tony Blackburn):Silly Thing - The Sex Pistols (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Pop Muzik - MIn the Navy - The Village People (video)Cool for Cats - SqueezeSultans of Swing - Dire Straits (audio)Valley of the Dolls - Generation XI Want Your Love - ChicOffshore Banking Business - The MembersShake Your Body (Down to the Ground) - The Jacksons (video)Hallelujah - Milk and Honey featuring Gali Atari (winners of the 1979 Eurovision Song Contest)Strange Town - The JamThe No.1 single: I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor (video) (Fourth and final week at No.1)End Credits: The Staircase (Mystery) - Siouxsie & The Banshees (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The artists on the 12th April, 1979 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Peter Powell):The Runner - The Three Degrees (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Swingin' - Light of the WorldWow - Kate BushRemember Then - ShowaddywaddySilly Thing - The Sex Pistols (audio)Forever in Blue Jeans - Neil Diamond (video)Some Girls - RaceyThe Logical Song - Supertramp (video)Questions and Answers - Sham 69I Don't Wanna Lose You - KandidateHe's the Greatest Dancer - Sister Sledge (video)The No.1 single: Bright Eyes (from the film Watership Down) - Art Garfunkel (video) (First week at No.1)End Credits: Goodnight Tonight - Wings (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The artists on the 26th April, 1979 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by David Jensen):Forever in Blue Jeans - Neil Diamond (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Valley of the Dolls - Generation XThe Logical Song - Supertramp (video)One Way Ticket - EruptionThe Staircase (Mystery) - Siouxsie & The Banshees (video)Some Girls - RaceyKnock on Wood - Amii Stewart (video)Questions and Answers - Sham 69Hooray Hooray, It's a Holi-Holiday - Boney M (video)Nice Legs, Shame About Her Face - The MonksLove You Inside Out - The Bee Gees (audio)The No.1 single: Bright Eyes - Art Garfunkel (video) (Third week at No.1)End Credits: Remember Then - Showaddywaddy (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The artists on the 10th May, 1979 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Mike Read):Love You Inside Out - The Bee Gees (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)Love Song - The DamnedThe Runaway - Elkie BrooksHooray Hooray, It's a Holi-Holiday - Boney M (video)Theme from The Deer Hunter (Cavatina) - The ShadowsOne Way Ticket - EruptionNice Legs, Shame About Her Face - The MonksDance Away - Roxy Music (video)Knock on Wood - Amii Stewart (audio)Parisienne Walkways - Gary Moore (co-vocals by Phil Lynott) (video)The Number One Song in Heaven - SparksThe No.1 single: Bright Eyes - Art Garfunkel (video) (Fifth week at No.1)End Credits: Boys Keep Swingin' - David Bowie (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The artists on the 17th May, 1979 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Peter Powell):

Hot Stuff - Donna Summer (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)

Prime Time - The Tubes

Boogie Wonderland - Earth, Wind & Fire with The Emotions (video)

Sunday Girl - Blondie (audio)

Roxanne - The Police

Reunited - Peaches & Herb (video)

Life Begins at the Hop - XTC

Pop Muzik - M

Jimmy Jimmy - The Undertones

Does Your Mother Know? - ABBA (video)

Evening Star - Judas Priest

Bridge Over Troubled Water - Linda Clifford (video)

Paradise Skies - The Max Webster Band

The No.1 single: Bright Eyes - Art Garfunkel (video) (Sixth and final week at No.1)

End Credits: Dance Away - Roxy Music (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The artists on the 24th May, 1979 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by David Jensen):

Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now - McFadden & Whitehead (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)

Masquerade - The Skids

Dance Away - Roxy Music (video)

Are 'Friends' Electric? - The Tubeway Army

Hot Stuff - Donna Summer (audio)

You and Me - Liner

Love Song - The Damned

Shine a Little Love - Electric Light Orchestra (video)

Who Were You With in the Moonlight? - Dollar

Boys Keep Swingin' - David Bowie (video)

Theme from The Deer Hunter (Cavatina) - The Shadows

Accidents Will Happen - Elvis Costello & The Attractions

The No.1 single: Sunday Girl - Blondie (video) (First week at No.1)

End Credits: I Want You to Want Me - Cheap Trick (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The artists on the 31st May, 1979 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Paul Burnett):

Ring My Bell - Anita Ward (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)

The Lone Ranger - Quantum Jump

Reunited - Peaches & Herb (video)

Gertcha - Chas & Dave

Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now - McFadden & Whitehead (audio)

The Number One Song in Heaven - Sparks

Halfway Hotel - Voyage

Up the Junction - Squeeze

H.A.P.P.Y. Radio - Edwin Starr (video)

The Worker - Fischer-Z

Mindless Boogie - Hot Chocolate

The No.1 single: Sunday Girl - Blondie (video) (Second week at No.1)

End Credits: Bridge Over Troubled Water - Linda Clifford (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The artists on the 14th June, 1979 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Mike Read):

We Are Family - Sister Sledge (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)

Boogie Man - Match

Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now - McFadden & Whitehead

Say When - Lene Lovich (audio)

Night Owl - Gerry Rafferty (video)

H.A.P.P.Y. Radio - Edwin Starr (video)

Are 'Friends' Electric? - The Tubeway Army

Silly Games - Janet Kay

Gertcha - Chas & Dave

The No.1 single: Ring My Bell - Anita Ward (First week at No.1)

End Credits: Cavatina - John Williams (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The artists on the 28th June, 1979 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Peter Powell):

C'mon Everybody - The Sex Pistols (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)

Say When - Lene Lovich (video)

Maybe - Thom Pace

Silly Games - Janet Kay

Do Anything You Want To - Thin Lizzy (video)

Stranglehold - UK Subs

Night Owl - Gerry Rafferty (video)

Married Men - Bonnie Tyler

Gertcha - Chas & Dave

The No.1 single: Are 'Friends' Electric? - The Tubeway Army (First week at No.1)

End Credits: Space Bass - Slick (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The artists on the 12th July, 1979 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Mike Read):

Space Bass - Slick (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)

Playground Twist - Siouxsie & The Banshees

Maybe - Thom Pace

Lady Lynda - The Beach Boys (audio)

Can't Stand Losing You - The Police

Chuck E.'s in Love - Rickie Lee Jones (video)

Oo-eeh Baby - Stonebridge McGuinness

Silly Games - Janet Kay

Death Disco - Public Image Ltd.

Breakfast in America - Supertramp (video)

Get Another Love - Chantal Curtis

Do Anything You Want To - Thin Lizzy (video)

Stay with Me Till Dawn - Judie Tzuke

The No.1 single: Are 'Friends' Electric? - The Tubeway Army (Third week at No.1)

End Credits: Bad Girls - Donna Summer (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The artists on the 19th July, 1979 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by David Jensen):

C'mon Everybody - The Sex Pistols (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)

Boogie Down (Get Funky Now) - The Real Thing

Girls Talk - Dave Edmunds (video)

Bad Girls - Donna Summer (audio)

Duke of Earl - Darts

Stranglehold - The U.K. Subs

Kid - The Pretenders

My Sharona - The Knack

Beat the Clock - Sparks

I Don't Like Mondays - The Boomtown Rats (video)

Wanted - The Dooleys

If I Had You - The Korgis

Voulez-Vous (double-A side with Angel Eyes) - ABBA (video)

The No.1 single: Are 'Friends' Electric? - The Tubeway Army (Fourth and final week at No.1)

End Credits: Good Times - Chic (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The artists on the 2nd August, 1979 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by Peter Powell):

Wanted - The Dooleys (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)

Hersham Boys - Sham 69

The Bitch - The Olympic Runners

If I Had You - The Korgis

Voulez-Vous (double-A side with Angel Eyes) - ABBA (video)

Bang Bang - B.A. Robertson

Girls Talk - Dave Edmunds (video)

After the Love Has Gone - Earth, Wind & Fire (audio)

Beat the Clock - Sparks

Gangsters - Special A.K.A. (The Specials)

Duke of Earl - Darts (part video)

Ooh! What a Life - The Gibson Brothers

The No.1 single: I Don't Like Mondays - The Boomtown Rats (video) (Second week at No.1)

End Credits: Born to Be Alive - Patrick Hernandez (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The artists on the 30th August, 1979 edition of Top of the Pops (presented by David Jensen):

If I Said You Had a Beautiful Body, Would You Hold It Against Me? - The Bellamy Brothers (audio; played over the Top 30 music singles chart countdown)

Time for Action - Secret Affair

Love's Gotta Hold on Me - Dollar

Cruel to Be Kind - Nick Lowe

Lost in Music - Sister Sledge (audio)

Ooh! What a Life - The Gibson Brothers

Cars - Gary Numan

Bang Bang - B.A. Robertson

Sail On - The Commodores

Gangsters - Special A.K.A. (The Specials)

Gone Gone Gone - Johnny Mathis

Duchess - The Stranglers

The No.1 single: We Don't Talk Any More - Cliff Richard (Second week at No.1)

End Credits: Gotta Go Home (double-A side with El Lute) - Boney M (audio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
BBC Four's repeats of Top of the Pops from 1979 resume on Thursday 25th September.

The Sex Pistols music track C'mon Everybody was a cover of the Eddie Cochran song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks