What's new

Top/Bottom, Left/Right one pixel of video mirrored? (1 Viewer)

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
OK, first time running Windows Vista here (ultimate). My video card is an ati radeon HD 2400 XT 256mb. When playing video files using VLC/iTunes/WMP, the very top horizontal line of video shows the colors of what is on the bottom of the video and vice versa...same thing goes for the left/right. Any ideas? I've googled a few different strings to no avail.

Parasoar

Auditioning
Real Name
Fons
Sorry for replying to this old thread, but I have EXACTLY the same problem. It's driving me nuts because I have googled it in all possible ways, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers etc.

The mirrored lines of pixels show in EVERY video playback, no matter which program (iTunes, VLC, WMP, KMplayer) or codec. It even shows when watching photos in Windows photo gallery (tested that with a checkerboard pattern 2 by 2).

I'm also running Vista x32/x86 Ultimate and have an ATI HD4850.

Has anyone figured this out yet or does anyone know where to look (video card, OS)?

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Kyle:

I have Vista Home Premium using the HD 2400XT on two different machines with no problems. Have you gotten the latest upgrades for the ATI to see if that helps any?

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I just upgraded the video drivers to the latest from the ATI website...didn't fix the issue. I got VLC to work properly by telling it to output video with OpenGL...but anything else that plays video still has the issue.

mustafa811

Auditioning
Real Name
mustafa
i registered with this site kyle specifically for you.
as i was having the same problem and it was very frustrating.
just turn off the aero interface, or you can cancel option (enable desktop composition) which is available in system properties - preformance - visual effects.

good luck
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Parasoar

Auditioning
Real Name
Fons
I just installed the latest Catalyst 9.4 drivers, and this fixes the issue for me!
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Thanks mustafa811 for joining just to help a stranger out, and thank you Parasoar for letting me know new drivers had been released! Really appreciated. I just installed the newest 9.5 drivers and they solved my issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks