What's new

Top 5 shows you want on dvd, part whatever... (1 Viewer)

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
1. PEYTON PLACE (even a 'best of')
2. THE LUCY SHOW
3. MY THREE SONS
4. THE JULIE ANDREWS HOUR
5. CAPTAIN KANGAROO (best of)

and
more of
LEAVE IT TO BEAVER
PETTICOAT JUNCTION
HAZEL
BEVERLY HILLBILLIES
GREEN ACRES

Gunnar Syren

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gunnar Syrén
More of Fame (at least seasons 2 - 4)
More of Alfred Hithcock Presents

and (does anyone else even remember this...)
No Soap, Radio (1982)
I believe it only lasted five episodes @ 30 mins, so it should be easy to get the whole series on one disc... ;-)

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
Great minds think alike,eh Bryan
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Patricia

Stunt Coordinator
My top 5 picks can be summed up in two words: "The Sentinel".

Although, with my luck, if they ever did put the rest of it out, the shock alone would kill me before I had a chance to buy them..

TomHU

Auditioning
My list will sound a bit like a lot of others (and wouldn't you think that would ring the bell at some company's video release departments??):

MAVERICK - season sets or, crap, I would take the whole series at once!

SANFORD - nice follow up to my collection of Sanford & Son

GET A LIFE - absurdist comedy on tv at it's best

BATMAN - why wouldn't all the parties involved rather get some income from this series than no income???

NICHOLS - another James Garner western serier, lasted only one season but ended with a great twist.

Just because I like collecting whole interlocking "universe" stuff can I add a couple of other series? Thanks!!

BRET MAVERICK - one season spinoff of the orginal series (although 20 years later!) Still a fun series that would be great along with the orginal.

YOUNG MAVERICK - short, about 6 episodes with a few that never aired on CBS. Again, it would be great to have all things MAVERICK.

GRADY - short spinoff of Sanford & Son, not as good but would be great maybe packaged with the other short lived Sanford related series ---

SANFORD ARMS - same supporting cast as S&S but with new leads.

That would be my list of shows!!!!!

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
All in the Family (7-9)
Taxi (4-5)
Barney Miller (3+)
It's Garry Shandling's Show
Mr. Belvedere
Alice
WKRP in Cincinnati
China Beach
Angie
We've Got Each Other
Coming of Age
The Cavanaughs
Starman
Jennifer Slept Here
Nightingales
San Pedro Beach Bums
Betty White Show ('77)

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
My 5 would be -

1. Daktari
2. Search COntrol /Probe
3. My World and Welcome To It
4. Mr. Terrific
5. The Defenders

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
My Top Five Choices:

Ben Casey
77 Sunset Strip
Hawaiian Eye
Petticoat Junction
Dennis The Menace

Joe Harder

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe Harder
Slattery's People, IMHO, is the most shamefully under-rated, and most unjustifiably forgotten series of all time. The Trials of O'Brien and The Great Adevnture would be close runners-up. Joseph harder

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Joe Harder said:
Slattery's People, IMHO, is the most shamefully under-rated, and most unjustifiably forgotten series of all time. The Trials of O'Brien and The Great Adevnture would be close runners-up. Joseph harder
True. I have not thought of that show for a long time. I remember it as being terrific, allthough I was a bit young to fully appreciate it at the time. Richard Crenna was great in Slattery's People. And, about Bus Stop... To Neil Brock...Danny, I remember from a previous post of yours that you said you've seen all 26 episodes of Bus Stop...I know only a handfull of episodes have been in collector circulation, derived from 16mm sources...but I've heard that the UCLA Film and TV archives have all 26 for visitor viewing...have you seen them there? I remember you saying that all the episodes in that solitary season were uniformly impressive...do you know what studio owns the rights to Bus Stop? Thanks.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Flashgear said:
True. I have not thought of that show for a long time. I remember it as being terrific, allthough I was a bit young to fully appreciate it at the time. Richard Crenna was great in Slattery's People. And, about Bus Stop... To Neil Brock...Danny, I remember from a previous post of yours that you said you've seen all 26 episodes of Bus Stop...I know only a handfull of episodes have been in collector circulation, derived from 16mm sources...but I've heard that the UCLA Film and TV archives have all 26 for visitor viewing...have you seen them there? I remember you saying that all the episodes in that solitary season were uniformly impressive...do you know what studio owns the rights to Bus Stop? Thanks.
Bus Stop is owned by Fox, so we can forget that ever been offered in any form. That studio has no interest in its non-Irwin Allen older shows, least of all black and white ones that haven't been seen in 50 years. UCLA does have a full set of them but I actually saw them at Library of Congress, which also has a full run for some reason. Curious, as they rarely kept more than a sample of most series.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The Defenders, East Side/West Side, Bus Stop, The Dakotas, The Line-Up, Way Out, The Nurses, Ben Casey, Dr. Kildare.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Neil Brock said:
Bus Stop is owned by Fox, so we can forget that ever been offered in any form. That studio has no interest in its non-Irwin Allen older shows, least of all black and white ones that haven't been seen in 50 years. UCLA does have a full set of them but I actually saw them at Library of Congress, which also has a full run for some reason. Curious, as they rarely kept more than a sample of most series.
Thank you Danny for that information...I really appreciate your posts on HTF...I might have to make either archive a destination, probably UCLA as it's closer to me... and specifically to see Bus Stop... this show has begun to assume a legendary and mystical proportion in my mind.

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
Trying to think if there any more short series I would want other than what I had listed above already..... AfterMASH, maybe. Just out of curiosity. Mission Impossible - the revival series from, I think, the way early 80s. Had Peter Graves in the cast. Man Of The People - short lived comedy with James Garner and Kate Mulgrew Tortellis - a tepid spinoff from Cheers that had a few guest appearances from Cheers cast.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
When Things Were Rotten Salvage 1 Duck Dodgers Young Maverick Do I dare? Ok! The Chicago Teddy Bears the King and I (short lived seventies series with Yul Brynner) Captain Nice Mr. Terrific Bring Em Back Alive James

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
I´d like to have: 1) Dan August(Burt Reynolds) 2) Crazy like a Fox(Jack Warden) 3) Harry O (David Janssen) on DVD! Furthermore the rest of "Cannon, Streets of San Francisco, Mannix, Jake and the Fatman, Hart to Hart, The Fall Guy, Matt Houston, Barnaby Jones and Vega$" on DVD!

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Keeping it to five TV shows, as the thread title says...

1.) The Colbys - Season 1

2.) Knots Landing: at least seasons 3-5

3.) Midnight Caller

4.) Simon & Simon: Seasons 6-8

5.) Quincy, M.E.: Seasons 4-8.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks