What's new

Top 12 Movies I like but most people dislike (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Hah, if I were to name 12 films I really like but there is a lot of hatred for, it'd be really 12 films a lot of people probably dislike:

(1) Back to the Beach - underrated romp with Frankie Avalon. Makes me laugh everytime.
(2) UHF - yes, it bombed at the theaters. Too bad, I still think it's funny. It wouldn't be one of the greatest films, but I like it.
(3) 13th Floor - I don't know why people hated it so much. It's not great scifi, but I found it passable.
(4) Muppets From Space - Sorry, I thought this was underrated.
(5) Treasure Planet - Has one of the best Disney animated song sequences of any 90s films.
(6) The Last Unicorn - how can a movie get so panned by critics.. but it appears I'm not alone amongst the audience. To me, a great adult/kid vehicle
(7) Titan AE - I actually enjoyed this quite a bit.
(8) Paycheck - this is in a lot of ways a really bad SciFi. But so what, I still had fun.
(9) Bean - You either like Rowan Atkinson or not. I pity those who do not.
(10) The Ice Storm - you know, this film has positive reviews. But if I ever bring it up as a film I think of that I really like every element to it, most of what I hear back is "BOOOORING" "Terrible!" But I've always thought The Ice Storm is a truly brilliant work of film

You want a dirty pleasure of a film that really is despised that I do enjoy? The Prophecy (1995), Christopher Walken. Such a creepy, weird at times film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks