What's new

Top 10 Movies You'd Never Admit To Liking (1 Viewer)

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
I saw Black Hole about a year ago; a relatively clean DVD print of it, rather than my first experience (VHS on a crap 27" public school monitor from across the room, I think.) One of the things that impressed me was that, for the most part, they recognized their limitations, and worked within them. The awful rolling orange melted thing was... awful. And then when it came to the null-grav "flying" in their little ship at the beginning, I found I really didn't care that I could see the wires on their flight-rig. They were obvious, and they didn't care.

Rant: sometimes they go to extreme efforts to try and conceal something that they should just ignore. Other times... ehh, I just saw Julia & Juliet a few days ago. The forced perspective stuff they did for an actress a foot shorter than the character she as playing was.. odd. But the platform-high heels were just downright awful.

Rant off.

Leo

Oliver_A

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Oliver Achten
Originally Posted by Bill Buklis Another film I might be tempted to buy on Blu Ray.

Reagan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reagan
That's what I get for not reading the whole post. And I thought I was being so clever.

As punishment, here's are the two most embarrassing movies I love:

Lady and the Tramp
Pride and Prejudice (the BBC miniseries)

-R
Originally Posted by Ben Cheshire

Well spotted Reagan, but I was being ironic. Plus, I already preempted that joke in my OP by saying if anyone takes me too literally I'll get a series of blank posts in reply.

Ensign Eddie

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
I don't know if I could come up with ten, but I know what I would probably put as number one.

The 1973 musical version of Lost Horizon. I still enjoy a lot of the music to this day. And, of course, there is my unrequited love affair with Sally Kellerman....

I've got a copy on Laser Disk (one of the few I still watch), but really wish it would make it to DVD/BD some day. Alas, I have never heard of any plans.

A fitting punishment. Those are embarrassing enough, you're forgiven. :p
Originally Posted by Reagan

That's what I get for not reading the whole post. And I thought I was being so clever.

As punishment, here's are the two most embarrassing movies I love:

Lady and the Tramp
Pride and Prejudice (the BBC miniseries)

-R

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation615
Recent bookmarks