What's new

Top 10 Medical Dramas (1 Viewer)

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Just to carry on Top Ten Lists, In no particular order.
1. Ben Casey
2. Dr. Kildare
3. Marcus Welby, M.D.
4. The Nurses
5. ER
6. Medical Center
7. The Human Jungle
8. St. Elsewhere
9. Breaking Point
10. Medic

PatrickGoodluck

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick
1. Dr. Kildare
2. Medical Story
3. The Interns
4. The Nurses (1962 CBS series). Not to be confused with the ABC soap opera from 1965. The Nurses was retitled The Doctors and The Nurses in the second season.
5. Ben Casey
6. Breaking Point
7. Quincy M.E.
8. Medical Center
9. Marcus Welby, M.D.
10. Trapper John, M.D.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Ben Casey
The Nurses
The Eleventh Hour
Breaking Point
The Bold Ones (Doctors)
Medical Story
Doctors Hospital
Marcus Welby MD
Nurse
Doc Elliot

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
So excited to hear that one of the greatest medical dramas of all time will most likely be released next year - Dr. Kildare! Fantastic news!!

Gary "Kildare is easily in my Top 3 with this genre - probably #1" O.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Wvtvguy said:
Any hope of "the Bold Ones" being released?
Yes there is. After a long process, all of the music issues have been researched on the show and Universal is now able to move forward with licensing the series. This does not, however, include Sarge, which was a stand alone show but included in the syndication package to bring up the number of Bold Ones episodes.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
And speaking of rotating Universal dramas of that era...have you heard anything further about The Name of the Game being released? I know they are airing in the middle of the night on that subchannel, so I'm taking that as a hopeful sign.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
FanCollector said:
And speaking of rotating Universal dramas of that era...have you heard anything further about The Name of the Game being released? I know they are airing in the middle of the night on that subchannel, so I'm taking that as a hopeful sign.
AFAIK there are a lot of music issues with that show, far more than you would think. There's one third season 2-parter that takes place in Las Vegas that is practically all music performances. I know that when they sold the show to Encore in the 90s, they only got 44 of the 76 episodes. Don't know what COZI got (they don't respond to any public queries) but I haven't noticed any airing that are not part of the 44.

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
Those are both shows I'm interested in. Only seen a few episodes but I love the period!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
They were both much better than the usual Universal offerings. Bold Ones had good scripts and NOTG really went heavy on the good guest stars.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
For me, there's St. Elsewhere and then the others battle for second. It's a shame that only one season was ever released -- but it's Fox, so what do you expect?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks